Author Topic: GSX using wrong AFCAD in P3D V4  (Read 9713 times)

vincent272

GSX using wrong AFCAD in P3D V4
« on: July 10, 2017, 06:50:13 am »
Hello.

Since I installed GSX and CYVR on a system running P3D V4 parking positions are not correct.
From what I can see is that GSX is using th AFCAD from ORBX pacific north west instead of using FSdreamteam CYVR.

I checked in the scenery and FSDream team CYVR is at the top of the list and can not be moved. ORBX is in 3rd place after FSDream team KLAS. I also have issue there as it is using AFCAD from ORBX global.

Is there a way to tell GSX to use AFCAD from FSDreamteam. or something I can do to fix this?

vincent272

Re: GSX using wrong AFCAD in P3D V4
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 09:10:52 am »
OK so the only way I got it to work was buy turning off ORBX pacific northwest.
GSX finds the correct AFCAD even with ORBX global active.
As soon as ORBX pacific north west is back on it uses the AFCAD for it instead of FSDream team AFCAD.
I copied and deleted the AFCAD that GSX was trying to use but even with that BLG file gone it still looks for it.

Hope this helps and you guys can find a solution.

Eisbahn

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:13:02 am »
GSX finds the correct AFCAD even with ORBX global active.
As soon as ORBX pacific north west is back on it uses the AFCAD for it instead of FSDream team AFCAD.
I copied and deleted the AFCAD that GSX was trying to use but even with that BLG file gone it still looks for it.

Hope this helps and you guys can find a solution.

Why are you posting the same questions in THREE different threads?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »

There's no need to turn off the whole scenery, of course. Just remove the AFCAD.

vincent272

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 03:44:06 pm »
Ok so I tried this and it did not work I now get error can not find file.

So i deleted the CVX.BLG with it and now seams to work.
So to fix this you need to delete CVX.BLG and the .BLG

I posted it into two threads so that if the other one got a answer then I can close my own and if I got a answer that
fixed mine , then I could post it there and help other person. But now I wont hunt his thread down again.

Thanks for your help guys. ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 03:45:52 pm »
Ok so I tried this and it did not work I now get error can not find file. So i deleted the CVX.BLG with it and now seams to work.

It could have been fixed by using the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", without removing the CVX file too, which might be required.

maxikz

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 10:00:52 am »
i have same issue, what is the fix ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 10:29:11 am »
i have same issue, what is the fix ?

Please read the previous messages of this thread.

maxikz

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »
Restart / rebuild does not help,  it still load afcad from orbx and klax, and klax is priority 1 and orbx below .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:10 am »
Restart / rebuild does not help,  it still load afcad from orbx and klax, and klax is priority 1 and orbx below .

As I've already said in this same thread:

There's no need to turn off the whole scenery, of course. Just remove the AFCAD..

If you remove the offending file, and rebuild the airport cache, there's no way GSX would use it.

Using the priority is not always enough to fix AFCAD conflicts, because not all AFCADs are made to exclude everything below so, you should always remove any duplicate AFCAD from a conflicting scenery, if you have an add-on airport for it that comes with its own AFCAD.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:30:02 am by virtuali »

captain420

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 08:56:33 am »
So if you find duplicate AFCAD files, should you disable both the main afcad file and the cvx one as well? I usually don't delete, i just add an .off extension to them just incase i need the files again. But what exactly is the CVX file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 09:46:40 am »
So if you find duplicate AFCAD files, should you disable both the main afcad file and the cvx one as well?

The duplicated AFCAD must be removed to help GSX finding the correct one.

The .CVX file doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because it usually contains small terrain corrections but it might (or might not) cause problems to the airport visual scenery and there's no general rule, because it depends from the location, the addon airport and what the .CVX file does.

I usually don't delete, i just add an .off extension to them just incase i need the files again

It shouldn't make any difference but, when renaming, you will usually have to "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", because when renaming the folder last modification date doesn't change, and that's used to detect changes automatically.

Which is why we have the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option: to fix all cases where the program cannot detect changes to the scenery library automatically.

made82

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 09:45:06 am »
Hello everybody

I have the same problem with ORBX Germany North and South and airports of Aerosoft (EDDT, EDDB, EDDF, EDDS ...)

In my opinion, deleting files from other developers is not necessarily the way to go.
Would it be an option to exclude AFCAD files in a menu?

I think you should adapt the software to the environment and not the other way around.

Please understand that as a suggestion and not as a criticism for a great AddOn!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 11:44:17 am »
In my opinion, deleting files from other developers is not necessarily the way to go.

If you have two AFCADs for the same airport from different developers, you should delete one of them because, even in the unlikely case they were both made perfectly aware of each other, so you won't see any double objects, the sim WILL load them both, which is a waste of resources.

But that's the ideal case: the most common case, is that if you have two AFCADs for the same airport from different developers, they usually cause issues like double objects, AI problems, duplicate navaids, etc, since most of the AFCADs that come with 3rd party airports are designed to work only to replace the default one.

I think you should adapt the software to the environment and not the other way around.

In this case, GSX is helping you finding a conflict that you would have to resolve anyway.