Author Topic: GSX Not working with Steam Heraklion Add-on  (Read 1695 times)

BradThePilot1

GSX Not working with Steam Heraklion Add-on
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »
Hi i recently bought the Heraklion Airport scenery add-on from Steam because it was cheap on the steam sale and for some reason when I do the GSX command to board etc it just showing me the default gates that i can teleport to and it looks like GSX is not recognising the Add-on scenery.

If there is anyone that can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated because i just can't fly from and to that airport right now

P.S i have read through the other Forum posts that tell you to Regenerate Airport cache etc and nothing worked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not working with Steam Heraklion Add-on
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:04:41 am »
The issue with Steam DLC has been discussed already in the forum, and there's just nothing we can do to fix this.

Such products use the Steam DRM and have encrypted all their files, meaning it's not possible to open their .BGL AFCAD file to read data about the airport, so GSX will only use the default gates.

Of course, this won't affect just GSX, but any other utility that will have to open the AFCAD file, like flight planners or editors like ADE, for example, making these addons unusable with such utilities.

Your only option is to contact the developers, and ask if they could supply you with an unencrypted version of at least the AFCAD file.