Author Topic: gsx not working in p3d v4  (Read 3543 times)

liorerez

gsx not working in p3d v4
« on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:20 pm »
Hi , I've just installed my gsx in my v4 and I cant use it(doesn't appear in the add-on section in the menu bar)

Any ideas? Same with the add-on manager from fsdt web.

ive tried to go to the menu bar/ options/ add-ons/ and verify it.

but still GSX does not appears in there

The addon manager apears here-menu bar/ options/ add-on/ but after verity and restarting the sim, still do not work.

thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx not working in p3d v4
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:20:55 pm »
ive tried to go to the menu bar/ options/ add-ons/ and verify it. but still GSX does not appears in there

The addon manager apears here-menu bar/ options/ add-on/

This is not very clear. You first say it appears, then you say it appears. Maybe you wanted to say "Menu bar/Add-ons" menu, instead of "Menu bar/Options/Add-ons" menu ? They are two separate add-ons menus, in fact.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:07:13 am by virtuali »

liorerez

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 07:49:06 pm »
sorry if i was not clear.
what i ment was that the addon manager apears in the enable/disable menu in-menu bar/options/add-ons
but after ive enabled it and restarted the sim, it does not apear where it should (menu bar/add-ons).
and the GSX issue is that after installing it, it does not apear in the enable/disable menu so i can not acivate it and enable it.
any idea for how to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:09:44 am »
but after ive enabled it and restarted the sim, it does not apear where it should (menu bar/add-ons).

Have you installed the P3D V4 Hotfix ? This has fixed a bug that, if your DLL/EXE.XML files were corrupted by another defective installer of by having hand-edited them, all other executables would be prevented from starting, even those not requiring the DLL/EXE.XML files anymore, like our own.

So, if you don't have the Hotfix installed, you had to fix the DLL/EXE.XML files or, you can just install the Hotfix, which will fix this problem.

liorerez

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 12:42:54 pm »
I do not have the hotfix 1 for the V4.

do you know what I need to type in the dll.xml to fix it?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:44:27 pm by liorerez »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »
I do not have the hotfix 1 for the V4.

I strongly suggest to install it then.

do you know what I need to type in the dll.xml to fix it?

It's usually enough to remove it. Our products don't require it and, if it's corrupted, the sim is not using it anyway but, due to the aforementioned bug (which is fixed by the Hotfix 1), it will prevent other executables from being loaded.

Note that, there's a DLL.XML and an EXE.XML and nothing will work, if only one of them is corrupted.