Author Topic: issue with live update and prepar3dv4  (Read 2105 times)

flyaway719

issue with live update and prepar3dv4
« on: July 14, 2017, 02:49:46 pm »
For some reason in order to start prepar3dv4, I haft to run FSDT live first. Or prepar3dv4 will not start this happens every time now I know I read about a dll file FSDT that is the issue.  (bglmanx64.dll). for some reason replacing this file with FSDT Live update will fix it. but unfortunately it hast to be done every time I load Prepar3dv4. This may be a windows10 issue I notice when I run FSDT live update it will revert Prepar3dV4 back to windows 10 compatibility. And I will haft to change it to windows8 compatibility in order to start. they should of called windows 10, windows vista 1.0 garbage we had to eat just to get directx12. anyways if anyone has any other way to fix this let me know and yes, I have all fsdreamteam and flightbeam products with ORBX base and north america plus trees AS16 with ASCA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: issue with live update and prepar3dv4
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:27:05 pm »
The bglmanx64.dll file is NOT the cause of the problem. It's the victim of a faulty registry key which is set by Windows automatically, because Windows *mistakenly* think the file has a problem.

It doesn't happen just to our file. It's a very well known problem that happens with almost every 3rd party module: just search for the "Ignorefreelibrary" on Google, and see how many hits you'll find, both related to non-flight sim games, but also with almost each and every 3rd party module, like SODE, PMDG, FSUIPC, etc.

The FSDT Live Update simply clears that registry flag, which reset the Compatibility mode to default, which is how the sim should always run.