Author Topic: GSX won't open on positions at KMEM  (Read 6952 times)

Banalisator

GSX won't open on positions at KMEM
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:26:34 pm »
Hello all,

I have installed GSX, KDFW and KMEM into P3D v4 a few days ago. At Dallas everything works fine, not in KMEM. When I spawn on a parking position, the GSX menu (CTRL+F12) does not show up. GSX has loaded. If I slew my aircraft five meters away to get outside of the parking position, the menu does show up. It does also on a runway. When I select a stand and teleport me there, at the stand the menu doesn't show up again.

Reinstalled GSX and KMEM, also restarting Couatl while the sim was running.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Ric

PS: Btw great move with leaving FSX!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX won't open on positions at KMEM
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
It seems you have an AFCAD conflict. Open the parking customization menu, and check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX, and be sure it's the one that comes with KMEM.

Banalisator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:14:14 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I checked.

The AFCAD used seems to be the correct one, located at \Addon Manager\FSDreamTeam\KMEM\Scenery, named KMEM_ADEX_FSDT.bgl

Just to specify: When I move between to gates the menu show up, but I can't use ground service, they give me the menu to choose a gate just like when I'm sitting on a runway.

Ric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:18:49 pm »
Just to specify: When I move between to gates the menu show up, but I can't use ground service, they give me the menu to choose a gate just like when I'm sitting on a runway.

Since it seems you are using the correct AFCAD, the only possible explanation for this, is that you are still outside the parking.

Banalisator

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:19:56 am »
Well, if I spawn on a specific gate, I should be centered of the AFCAD position. I can send you some screenshots of my position later today, if you wish to.
As the menu just doesn't show up when I am inside a gate area, I have to be inside. Moving out of it and the menu does show up.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: I just realised I mistyped on my last post. I have wrote "When I move between to gates", but I mean "When I move to sit between two gates" :) .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:21:44 am by Banalisator »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:46:36 am »
but I mean "When I move to sit between two gates"

Then it's normal you won't see any menu, if you are between two gates.

Banalisator

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 10:52:09 am »
You don't get my point. Between two gates, I see a menu. The menu lets me select a stand, as it should. But when I'm on a stand (even if I teleport me there with GSX), the menu doesn't show up anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 10:54:11 am »
But when I'm on a stand (even if I teleport me there with GSX), the menu doesn't show up anymore.

Sorry, but that's not possible. The only possible reason for this, assuming you are using the correct AFCAD, is that you are not on a gate which, of course, is again not possible, if you warped there with GSX.

Are you sure is not happening only on some specific gates ? And, maybe it's happening only with a certain airplane ?

Banalisator

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 09:14:00 pm »
Nope, it got this issue with every aircraft on every gate, but just in KMEM.

However: I just reinstalled all FSDT Products including the Addon Manager. With the fresh install everything is fine, GSX works as it did in old days. Thanks for your help anyway, Umberto :)

Cheers

Banalisator

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 04:21:11 pm »
Well, not everything is as good as I thought yesterday.

The problem now still exists only with the PMDG 777 in all variants. On all airports worldwide (addon an default), at the gate the menu doesn't show up, outside of gates area it does. Reinstalled the 777 already.

vincent272

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 04:02:24 pm »
Ya I have same problem.
when I set my start point at FSdream team CYVR gate 65, I can not activate any boarding or deboarding. All I can do is select parking facility and warp me there.
When I get there it is not in correct position almost like its using Prepar3d v4 original position and not FSdream team.
if I uninstall CYVR then parking positions are ok.

vincent272

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 04:05:04 pm »
ok I looked at what AFCAD it is using and it is using ORBX one instead of using FSDreamteam one for the airport. how do I fix this so it uses correct one.

Banalisator

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »
I'm not exatly sure, how to enable or disable an AFCAD.

But, your problem IS AFCAD relativ, mine not. So we don't have the same problem. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 02:37:05 pm »
ok I looked at what AFCAD it is using and it is using ORBX one instead of using FSDreamteam one for the airport. how do I fix this so it uses correct one.

Be sure the FSDT scenery is on an higher layer than the OrbX one and, if that still doesn't fix it, remove the AFCAD that comes with Orbx.

Banalisator

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 10:42:33 pm »
Umberto, do you have any idea on my still existing 777 problem?

Thanks