General Category > General Discussion

Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDT and 29Palms future products to be P3D4 only

<< < (9/16) > >>

Leemazz:
I agree with you 100% Umberto its the correct move to move away from FSX , what i mean is that you will have good sales from KSDF in FSX due to the fact of the PMDG MD11 because as we all know UPS are based at KSDF and operate 37 MD11s .

All im saying is i will not be moving to P3Dv4 due to the fact the PMDG MD11 is only for FSX i understand it will not be made available in P3d , i have been simming for over 15 years and ive seen enough topics and pointless threads about this and that , i just enjoy and im greatful for what we have and the choices we have , i understand the devs choice so im putting forward my choice as to why me and probably other users will not make the jump to the darkside just yet . I wont come on here saying EULA this and all that , im just glad SDF will be for FSX so be it if it is your last for FSX your choice and i respect you for that

kmanning:

--- Quote from: Hnla on July 04, 2017, 04:06:41 pm ---Very good news, and great decision. Like what happened with the abandonment of FS9, there will always be people that will whine and be stuck in the past. Don't listen to them.

If you stay stuck in the past than your company will be in the past. Keep looking forward!

--- End quote ---

I happen to agree with DJ, and I don't like your attitude suggesting that DJ, or some of the others, are whining and we should stay in the past! NO, THAT is NOT what's being suggested. He is stating that the cost is TOO high and the EULA, which I've read, restricts MOST of the community, which is the consumer, and NO I don't like it either!!

virtuali:

--- Quote from: kmanning on July 26, 2017, 06:57:25 am ---He is stating that the cost is TOO high and the EULA, which I've read, restricts MOST of the community, which is the consumer, and NO I don't like it either!!
--- End quote ---

I wonder why, when someone calls FSX "a game", simmers get angry saying they are not gaming/being entertained but, when discussing about the P3D EULA, they say they cannot use it, because it's "not for entertainment".

If you are using the sim as a simulation and as a learning tool and not to be entertained (as you would with a game), then you are complying with the EULA.

kmanning:

--- Quote ---I wonder why, when someone calls FSX "a game", simmers get angry saying they are not gaming/being entertained but, when discussing about the P3D EULA, they say they cannot use it, because it's "not for entertainment".

If you are using the sim as a simulation and as a learning tool and not to be entertained (as you would with a game), then you are complying with the EULA.

--- End quote ---

Well, I never viewed FSX as a game or entertainment but as a simulator, although that was the purpose for FSX from Microsoft. I totally agree with you that FSX is not a perfect simulator and I'm not against going forward having a better simulator. I very much want a good accurate simulator and I'm totally for it, provided there's no high costs and no restrictions. All the things posted here have not been made clear, until now, so thanks for clearing this up. I was surprised to read that many were upset about the EULA and the high cost, and after reading these things, I had to find out what all of this was about. So I went to the Prepard 3D website and read the EULA and at the bottom, and I hope it's okay to post this, it says "Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product." I assume this is where many were raising the question. At first glance, I could not understand why all this big issue over "personal consumer entertainment," and it sounded like the product, P3D4, was not for the consumer. But from what I gather, it is just saying that we should not offer, sell or distribute to markets, FOR personal use as entertainment purposes. We CAN use it as a simulator, for learning and training. As long as we use the P3D4 as a simulator, which is what I've been doing in FSX and never viewed it as "entertainment," we are complying with the EULA. I don't understand where this so called "entertainment" in the agreement is coming from and why it was even written in the agreement in the first place.  

virtuali:

--- Quote from: kmanning on July 27, 2017, 06:17:48 am ---I don't understand where this so called "entertainment" in the agreement is coming from and why it was even written in the agreement in the first place.  
--- End quote ---

I think the most likely explanation is that LM ended up getting a cheaper license to buy the sim from Microsoft, compared to what it would cost if they got a "total" license which would include the gaming market too, which is not really their target audience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version