General Category > General Discussion

Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDT and 29Palms future products to be P3D4 only

<< < (6/16) > >>

timmo73:
Well, I think they are jumping the gun too fast. Prepar3DV4 just got released. There are still many hurdles to go over. There's still payware aircraft and scenery not ready yet. I think there should be a choice between FSX or Prepar3D. Not everybody is going to be able to jump into another computer and simulator. I tried Prepar3DV4 and for the recommended settings a computer would easily cost over $1500. Everything is fine fine with FSX Steam but Prepar3DV4 jerks all over the place with my pc. You need a very high end system to even get it going. There's not really a huge change that I saw that makes it even worth it. It's still even more demanding on the pc than FSX. You're going to see a divide there though. There still will be people with FSX-SE. Time will tell.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: timmo73 on July 12, 2017, 12:53:52 am ---Well, I think they are jumping the gun too fast. Prepar3DV4 just got released.
--- End quote ---

Are you aware we only announced no NEW products will be made for FSX anymore ? Are you aware of the time it takes to do a NEW product from scratch ? It now averages to 18/24 months and, by that time, P3D4 will be not simply "just got released", but on its way to be maybe replaced by a V5, which will obviously be a 64 bit platform, with an SDK way more similar to the V4 one, and more and more different than the FSX one.

So, it would be very wrong and very shortsighted if we'd still release NEW FSX products in 2018/2019. And we are just alerting users in advance, so they have all the time they need to evaluate switching away from FSX.

timmo73:
What about the Dovetails Flightsimworld? They are going 64 bit too. Like I said you jumped the gun. There will be others that go 64 bit. You're going to have a big problem because it will become divided.

virtuali:
Prepar3D is a mature product in its 4th version.

DTG FSW is still in early access for its 1st release, and there's no SDK available. When, and if, the product will be released, together with a proper SDK, we'll be able to decide about it.

I know the thread title is saying "P3D4 only", but the real intention was more dumping FSX than supporting P3D4 only. Nothing in this post says we'll never support any other sim, not even in the future.

The only think sure, is that we won't go back to FSX for new products which are in the planning stage right now.

streichholz:
Great one. I will fully support this decision. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version