General Category > General Discussion

Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDT and 29Palms future products to be P3D4 only

<< < (5/16) > >>

bradl:

--- Quote from: sanookbkk on July 09, 2017, 04:13:44 am ---I totally understand that developers are moving to P3DV4 Only.
P3D license might be expensive but Flight simulation is a passion. If you are not ready
to invest in a product which at least will offer endless possibility to enhance realism then just play "games".

Flight simulation has been stuck with FSX limitations for 15 years thus losing many potential customers.Before you had many freeware sceneries and
tools but much less today as people moved away from an over-aged product which did not reflect today's technical possibilities.

P3DV4 will hopefully bring many new flight sim addicts as it might be a software of his time and not an old soft with a 2006 technology full of limitations.
The more people share our hobby, the more wonderful add-ons we can get as developers would be able to enlarge their customer base
and have more money for R&D, also we might see a surge in new creative and nice free addons as we saw in the good old times.

--- End quote ---

Here is what I don't get.

The price of the academic edition of P3D is actually ON PAR previous versions of MSFS that were released, and that's at least from FS98 all the way up to MS Flight. When they were released at their respective times, they would have been +/- $5 USD for their particular version, while the previous version was discounted. but even FSX Gold Edition with the Accelerator pack was a $65 purchase here in the US!

So I really don't see what the problem is here.

BL.

timmo73:
Will Prepar3DV4 scenery work in FSX? I can't afford to get a new high end computer so that will leave me out. I realize things move forward but there are others that are on a fixed income that simply just can't afford a new computer. It's sad it has to end like that but that's the way things are.

Hnla:

--- Quote ---Will Prepar3DV4 scenery work in FSX?
--- End quote ---

No, that's the whole point of making it P3D only: To take advantage of the features that P3D offers that FSX doesn't have

timmo73:
I guess people like me will just have to wait. It's too bad but people don't care anyways in this world.

Hnla:

--- Quote from: timmo73 on July 12, 2017, 12:12:19 am ---I guess people like me will just have to wait. It's too bad but people don't care anyways in this world.

--- End quote ---

You're not alone, I don't have a very good system by any means, It's old and needs new software. I have to turn my settings way down, and in P3D V4 things can get bad. It's just the way it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version