Author Topic: FlyTampa Copenhagen - custom INI files **SOLVED**  (Read 1924 times)

Keller199

FlyTampa Copenhagen - custom INI files **SOLVED**
« on: July 01, 2017, 10:00:09 pm »
Hey,

So I am trying to customize the airport parking locations of FlyTampa EKCH. All the current parking positions do not support the B747 because the wingspan is too big (65m), where the largest parking spot supports a span of 62m.

I tried to adjust this using the menu >> customise airport positions editor dialog. Doing this creates and saves a new .ini file in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\GSX folder.
However when I then try and request pushback, say at gate C37, it doesn't provide any options for direction LEFT/RIGHT or even straight pushback.

I looked at the ini file, it only show data of the modified gate but the pushback info is blank.

I imagine you embed the custom ini file for FlyTampa EKCH, but how come I cannot modify it for personal use?

I tried downloading an EKCH.ini from this forum (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11022.0) and modify the AFCAD path and wingspan on that file to work, but GSX just ignores it completely.

Also is there a setting that allows GSX to simply ignore wingspan at gate?

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:46:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FlyTampa Copenhagen - custom INI files
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »
However when I then try and request pushback, say at gate C37, it doesn't provide any options for direction LEFT/RIGHT or even straight pushback.

This is not normal.

I imagine you embed the custom ini file for FlyTampa EKCH, but how come I cannot modify it for personal use?

If you customize it in the GSX parking configuration editor, and set the pushback preference, your own customization will always take precedence over any default configuration we might have added to an airport.

Also is there a setting that allows GSX to simply ignore wingspan at gate?

There's no need for such setting, when you can specify the proper wingspan in the editor.

Keller199

Re: FlyTampa Copenhagen - custom INI files
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:42:40 pm »
I found what I was doing wrong by looking at the couatl.log

The custom ini file I was using had two entries for the "afcad_path=", so it was being recognized as an ini for another airport.

problem solved, sorry