Author Topic: Stairs/ladder not appearing on 777 freighter  (Read 2671 times)

p3dx3

Stairs/ladder not appearing on 777 freighter
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »
Ran Liveupdate. P3D v4. At KMEM. Requested deboarding. both loaders appear. No stairs.

Before running Liveupdate today, I could in the gsx window select reset and then request deboarding and ladder would appear. Today, nothing appears at front door.

http://i.imgur.com/L3PTeRK.jpg

p3dx3

Re: Stairs/ladder not appearing on 777 freighter
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:18:19 pm »
And all the parking in that row load too far forward I am at gate 462 and you can see my front nose wheel is many feet too far forward. That is no big deal though. Tried restarting. Resetting gsx. Nothing can get stairs or ladder to appear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 09:24:27 am »
Before running Liveupdate today, I could in the gsx window select reset and then request deboarding and ladder would appear. Today, nothing appears at front door.

I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate this, the Live Update is precisely what fixes the ladder not appearing on a freighter plane, which was the problem discussed here. Regular stairs on non-freigher plane always appeared.

Try the Live Update again, sometimes, depending on your location, the updates are not picked up immediately (since Amazon+Cloudflare, which we used to distribute the updates, runs many servers on different location).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:22:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:26:45 am »
And all the parking in that row load too far forward I am at gate 462 and you can see my front nose wheel is many feet too far forward.

This is not a problem, it's the correct behavior for an airplane that has the main door on the 2nd door, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16345.msg116594.html#msg116594

However, we'll probably refine the logic in a next update, since it must be different if the parking doesn't have a jetway.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:22:48 am by virtuali »