Author Topic: FSDT new installers **SOLVED**  (Read 2528 times)

scotth6

FSDT new installers **SOLVED**
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:51:08 am »
Hi,

I am still using P3D V3, although I will also be installing P3D V4 pretty soon.

I recently downloaded the new available installers as I purchased a number of new airports and GSX during the recent sale, and I thought I would prepare for P3D V4 anyway.

Before this I had LSGG, KIAH, and KFLL installed.  When I ran the new GSX installer it went through and moved all the necessary files and updated where necessary, which was all great and seemed to work smoothly.

I then added LSGG back to my scenery.cfg, but the next time I loaded it I found all the buildings missing.  i downloaded the standalone addon manager installer and ran that, but it didn't fix it.  When the GSX installer moved all the files, it moved them to my Program Files (x86) folder.  I found that I had to add the Misc folder in that location to the P3D simobjects.cfg, and then the buildings appeared at LSGG, and I assume they will work in all the sceneries now.

My questions are:  Should the installer have added the lines to the P3 V3 simobjects.cfg so the sim recognised the external Misc folder?

The Addon Manager folder also includes an Effects and Sound folder like the installation should have been directed to my P3D root folder, even though I thought it was doing the correct thing by installing everything outside of the root folder.  Should the Addon Manager folder with all the FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries be installed outside the root P3D folder?

The current path for the Misc folder is:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc"

I left the default installation path when I ran the GSX installer.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:41:03 pm by virtuali »

scotth6

Re: FSDT new installers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:15 am »
Was this a silly question?

78 views and 0 replies.  I guess I'll just assume the installer does not install correctly.

Great support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:07 am »
Was this a silly question? 78 views and 0 replies.  I guess I'll just assume the installer does not install correctly. Great support!

And what, exactly, are you trying to say here ? That you *demand* support to be available 24/7, even on weekends ? Do YOU always work on weekends ? I think, under any reasonable business standard, you should wait at least 24 working hours, before complaining about support.

I found that I had to add the Misc folder in that location to the P3D simobjects.cfg, and then the buildings appeared at LSGG, and I assume they will work in all the sceneries now.

ONLY if you have P3D < 3.4. Since you don't say which version you have, it might be correct or not, depending on the version of the sim.

If it's < 3.4, the installer will still use the scenery.cfg, so it will add a scenery to the scenery.cfg (and you won't have to do it manually), and it will add the Simobjects\Misc path in the simobjects.cfg file.

If it's 3.4 or 4.0 the installer will NOT use the scenery.cfg method anymore, but the add-on.xml method so, no lines will have to be added to any of the default .cfg files, either the scenery.cfg or the simobjects.cfg

I guess I'll just assume the installer does not install correctly

The installer installs correctly, using different methods, depending on the version of the sim.

scotth6

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 12:56:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Apologies for my previous bluntness.  I had asked the same question in the Geneva thread days earlier, also with no reply, so then I tried the General Discussion and GSX threads, and again I received no answer after 2 days.

I have P3D V3.4.9 installed.  As I said previously, the buildings did not appear at LSGG after the GSX installer moved all the files, until I added the Misc folder to the Simobjects.cfg manually.  After reading your reply above, I checked the addon.xml files which seemed to be present and correct, so I removed the line from the Simobjects.cfg, and I am glad to report the buildings are appearing.  I'm not sure why they weren't appearing originally.

Cheers,

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:24:00 am by scotth6 »