Author Topic: GSX and DLC airport in FSX:SE  (Read 2107 times)

yair chemla

GSX and DLC airport in FSX:SE
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:30:31 pm »
I purchased GSX today and tried to go to my home airport LLBG (which I have a DLC scenery for) but GSX doesn't recognize it's AFCAD and uses the default airport's AFCAD instead.
Is there any way to solve this problem? I really don't wanna have to choose between scenery and GSX.
Every piece of advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and DLC airport in FSX:SE
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:06 pm »
I purchased GSX today and tried to go to my home airport LLBG (which I have a DLC scenery for) but GSX doesn't recognize it's AFCAD and uses the default airport's AFCAD instead.
Is there any way to solve this problem? I really don't wanna have to choose between scenery and GSX.

This has been already discussed on the forum: there's a problem with that scenery, which uses the Steam anti-piracy protection for all its files, including the airport .BGL (also known as the AFCAD), which is encrypted. This, of course, is a very bad idea, because it won't affect "just GSX", but each and every utility out there that would require to read the AFCAD for some reason, like flight planners, atc utilities, or scenery editors.

So, it's not just a "GSX problem" but, a problem that has made that scenery incompatible with anything else, since no utility will ever be able to open an encrypted .BGL.

Your only option is to ask the scenery developer for a copy of the original, unencrypted, AFCAD.