Author Topic: GSX - Editor Keys  (Read 13119 times)

Andyfly76

GSX - Editor Keys
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »
Hello Umberto, congratulation for new gsx 3d editor tool, I found it very good, but I have a problem with object moving because I haven't NumPad on my keyboard.
So is possible assign other keys for object moving, I search in FSX /Control menu but I don't found slew move/rotate command assign.

Thank you
Andrea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Editor Keys
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
Editor keys are using whatever keys are assigned by FSX to the Slew movement keys, we don't check actual keys, we intercept the various Slew events, which is the correct way of doing it, because those keys might be redefinable in FSX. Didn't know that FSX doesn't allow you to redefine such keys.

In any case, the Numpad is usually accessible on those keyboards that do not have one, by pressing some additional key (usually the Fn key) together with a group of keys in the middle of the keyboard, that typically include the Numpad layout text printed on the keys with a dimmer color.

If your keyboard doesn't have this feature, which would of course prevent to use the regular Slew mode too, I suggest using an external USB Numpad.

liketofly

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:04:46 pm »
 Hi Umberto,

what SLEW mode funktions are you intercepting with the stopping distance moving? in the manual it says 0/9 however, they don't seem to work

regards
liketofly

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:41:24 pm »
what SLEW mode funktions are you intercepting with the stopping distance moving? in the manual it says 0/9 however, they don't seem to work

0/9 on the main keyboard are SLEW_PITCH_MINUS and SLEW_PITCH_PLUS, and they are used only when editing the Parking System (Marshaller/Docking) to set the stopping position on ground.