Author Topic: GSX menu not opening when I press CTRL-Shift-f12  (Read 4044 times)

Birmingham_Spotter

GSX menu not opening when I press CTRL-Shift-f12
« on: June 24, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »
Hello, my name is sam and I'm having a problem with my GSX, I use FSX SE as my sim and it worked perfectly fine when I first bought the priduct I've had it for quite a few months now and suddenly it's stopped working, I've tried various things like re installing it updating SODE and more but another thing worth mentioning is that my Couatl fails to load I don't know if that has any relation to my issue but I have no clue, please can someone help me solve my problem and also I've tried turning off my anti virus during installation, thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:08:35 pm by Birmingham_Spotter »

kmanning

Re: GSX menu not opening when I press CTRL-Shift-f12
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:17:58 am »

Hi,
The default key is Ctrl F12, NOT Ctrl-Shift-F12.

Ken.

Birmingham_Spotter

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:57:00 am »
I've tried Ctrl F12 and that also fails to load it up the situation is for some reason once I've landed at any airport it allows me to call up a follow me car but then once I arrive at the gate the service vehicles are there but are not able to function as the menu fails to load :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:29:23 am »
The default key is Ctrl F12, NOT Ctrl-Shift-F12.

No, it's the opposite. CTRL+F12 it's the default key for the YouControl menu, and Ctrl-Shift-F12 it's the default key for GSX. Of course, if the airport doesn't have a YouControl menu to begin with, CTRL+F12 will call GSX too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:32:31 am »
I've tried Ctrl F12 and that also fails to load it up the situation is for some reason once I've landed at any airport it allows me to call up a follow me car but then once I arrive at the gate the service vehicles are there but are not able to function as the menu fails to load :(

If you can call GSX on landing, it means it's working and it's installed correctly. What do you mean with "the menu fails to load" ? Do you have some errors ? If yes, which ones ?

Or, do you still have the parking selection menu instead of the services menu ? That would indicate an AFCAD conflict.

Or, has the Couatl/GSX menu (and the vehicles) under the "Addon" disappeared when you call it at a gate ?

Birmingham_Spotter

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »
Hi there, its confusing for me because what the situation is when i load up FSX:SE and i go to free flight i go to Addon menu/GSX/Show GSX menu and nothing happens it has worked perfectly fine before it first started giving me trouble and i didn't tamper with anything and all of a sudden it isn't working and ive re-installed it too many times to count and its no use, my couatl is fine and loads properly when restarted its just my GSX that is giving me issues and i have no clue how to fix it  :-\

Thanks, Sam  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:52:37 am »
I'm sorry, but your description of the problem isn't very useful. Re-read my previous post, where I made some specific questions, and try to reply to them.

Birmingham_Spotter

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:52:34 pm »
Sorry, I don't have any errors and yeah it's the parking menu that only works I can call up a follow me car but that's it and couatl hasn't disappeared from the addon manager menu neither has GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:38:11 am »
it's the parking menu that only works I can call up a follow me car but that's it and couatl hasn't disappeared from the addon manager menu neither has GSX

So, what happens if you call GSX at a parking ? No menu at all ?

Birmingham_Spotter

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »
Yeah the services are there such as baggage trucks stairs etc but then the menu does not come up for services and other stuff