Author Topic: AFCAD Flytampa EHAM  (Read 3362 times)

Blue Iguana

AFCAD Flytampa EHAM
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:21:32 pm »
Hi! My simulator crashed yesterday while the airport cache was re-building and after that, the AFCAD of EHAM stop working. I tried everything.. Deleting the content of the virtuali folder, reinstalling addon manager, gsx, even the airport. Nothing works. Any idea about how to fix it?

Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD Flytampa EHAM
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:14:34 pm »
Deleting the content of the virtuali folder, reinstalling addon manager, gsx, even the airport. Nothing works. A

It's entirely normal than deleting the content of our folder won't fix the problem, since the problem doesn't have anything to do with our software.

When the program crash during the cache regeneration, it's always caused by some kind of problem with one of your sceneries, usually a corrupted file, a file with 0 length, etc.

Enabling logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings and restart the program, might give you an indication of which file had a problem. You must ensure you look at the Couatl.LOG file immediately after a session ended with a cache regeneration failure.

Blue Iguana

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:17:09 pm »

When the program crash during the cache regeneration, it's always caused by some kind of problem with one of your sceneries, usually a corrupted file, a file with 0 length, etc.

Mmmmm may be... But i think gsx is failing too

In my case, i always have a freeze when i load the pmdg 747v3 and the cache needs to rebuild. (I just can not know when this is going to happen, because sometimes the cache rebuilt itself even if i donĀ“t activate/de activate sceneries) But this is the first time the simulator crash, and the first time the afcad stop working. And if it was a corrupted file, the reinstall of the airport would fixed it.. I just cant find the problem and i can not force and error in the cache to see the log. Te cache just rebuild itself fine but doesnt recognice any parking in the airport, only runway 36L and the default positions. Maybe you're right, but i think it's too much coincidence...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:43 pm »
Mmmmm may be... But i think gsx is failing too

If it's failing while its rebuilding the cache, it's failing because of a corrupted file. A corrupted .BGL cannot be automatically fixed

In my case, i always have a freeze when i load the pmdg 747v3 and the cache needs to rebuild. But this is the first time the simulator crash, and the first time the afcad stop working. And if it was a corrupted file, the reinstall of the airport would fixed it..

So now you are saying something new. Does this mean the crash happens ONLY if you load the PMDG 747 ? Or, are you saying the crash happens only when you load the PMDG 747 and only if the cache had to be rebuilt, because you ALSO changed some scenery ?

Since the cache rebuilding is done by Couatl, which is doing it entirely outside the sim, it's not possible the whole sim would crash as well just because the cache rebuilding process.

An external exe cannot crash the sim, only a in-process executable like a gauge or a .dll can do that but, instead, the opposite can happen: if the airplane crashed, it can bring down the whole sim with it and because of the sim was terminated abruptly, it couldn't send the proper message to quit to all programs that were started by it, so they crashed too.

Te cache just rebuild itself fine but doesnt recognice any parking in the airport, only runway 36L and the default positions.

This might be caused by the cache being rebuilt partially, so the wrong AFCAD file is being read. Again, enabling logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings and restart the program, might give you an indication of which file had a problem. You can of course force a cache rebuild in GSX, with the relevant menu option.

Blue Iguana

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:16:05 pm »
So now you are saying something new. Does this mean the crash happens ONLY if you load the PMDG 747 ? Or, are you saying the crash happens only when you load the PMDG 747 and only if the cache had to be rebuilt, because you ALSO changed some scenery ?

Usually is a freeze, and after 3-4 minutes it works. But this time ended in a crash and that crash started all of this problems. The freeze happen only when i load the 744 and the cache had to be rebuilt. When is already built, nothing happens. Looks like the cache rebuilt cause a conflict with the charge of the 744. Which can be a problem of pmdg, yours or both