Author Topic: P3Dv4 GSX Support Request  (Read 7849 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4 GSX Support Request
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 12:07:23 pm »
If by manually you mean the Add / Remove Programs feature in Windows 10 - then yes I did.

Where are the remnants of this program located so that I can remove it entirely?

The uninstaller would remove it but, as usual, it's in fact more complex than that, since the uninstaller cannot just remove everything, since other components from GSX would be required by other sceneries, like jetways for example.

What is interesting Umberto - is that I own every single scenery of yours and Flight Beam and never run in to an issue with any of yours or theirs - with the exception of GSX.

I don't understand what your current problem with GSX is right now. You reported several issues, so I don't know anymore what's the current issue right now.

ACA235

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 02:58:18 pm »
How do I remove what ever it is that is asking me to activate GSX every time I launch P3Dv4?

The program itself has been uninstalled. It does as trial mode in Addon Manager inside the sim. Why is it asking me to activate it every time I start P3D and how do I make it stop????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »
How do I remove what ever it is that is asking me to activate GSX every time I launch P3Dv4?

It asking that because you have a serial number for it in the registry so, why you don't simply activate it ?

ACA235

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »
I had an idea - why dont I download a new installer off the website and try and reinstall it - wont mess anything up will it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:17 pm »
I had an idea - why dont I download a new installer off the website and try and reinstall it - wont mess anything up will it?

No installer ever mess with a registry in the serial and no installer will clean it up.

Only you can have inserted a serial number in the registry and you must have done that manually, because when you use the normal "Register Serial" option in the Addon Manager, the Serial Number you type there won't be saved in the registry, unless it has been activated successfully.

So, either activate it, if it's a proper serial, or remove it, if it's not.