Author Topic: No pushback truck, how?  (Read 3429 times)

mgr

No pushback truck, how?
« on: June 17, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »
Hiya,

What do you have to do to get NO pushback-truck?

In the past setting the pushback direction to "NONE" in the AFCAD file was enough. This does not work any more since the "strait" pushback option was introduced.

There are a lot of taxi in and taxi out parkings positions at large and small airport. Still you do get a pushback truck which is not very realistic.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Marcel

Eisbahn

Re: No pushback truck, how?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:13 am »
Hiya,

What do you have to do to get NO pushback-truck?

In the past setting the pushback direction to "NONE" in the AFCAD file was enough. This does not work any more since the "strait" pushback option was introduced.

There are a lot of taxi in and taxi out parkings positions at large and small airport. Still you do get a pushback truck which is not very realistic.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Marcel

Why initiate Pushback if you don't need it? If you don't initiate pushback you won't get a pushback truck!

mgr

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 02:18:44 pm »
Hi,

Why initiate Pushback if you don't need it? If you don't initiate pushback you won't get a pushback truck!

Sorry this is NOT true, if you park into any position at the moment, you automaticity get a pushback-truck at your location.

Also at startup, if you request boarding you also get automaticity a pushback truck...

Or i've missed a setting yet love to know how you do this then...  ::)  ???

Regards,

Marcel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
Sorry this is NOT true, if you park into any position at the moment, you automaticity get a pushback-truck at your location.

Are you saying you are disturbed by the very sight of a pushback truck ? Well, if that's your only problem, you might just customize its starting position to be elsewhere, on parkings that shouldn't show one. For example, it might be configured to start in a vehicle parking area.

mgr

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 08:21:51 pm »
Hi,

Are you saying you are disturbed by the very sight of a pushback truck ? Well, if that's your only problem, you might just customize its starting position to be elsewhere, on parkings that shouldn't show one. For example, it might be configured to start in a vehicle parking area.

Yes the sight is disturbing  ::) :P

Let me explain, at general aviation aprons at big terminal and a smaller general aviation aprons/airports the pushback truck are looking a bit out of place and they have also no use.

I know ::) , most users are the B737 boys and girls which always need a pushback truck to get on there way...  ;D

Kind regards,

Marcel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:31:33 am »
Let me explain, at general aviation aprons at big terminal and a smaller general aviation aprons/airports the pushback truck are looking a bit out of place and they have also no use.

Which is why I said: you might just customize its starting position to be elsewhere, on parkings that shouldn't show one. For example, it might be configured to start in a vehicle parking area.