Author Topic: Isolated Gate at FB KSFO **SOLVED**  (Read 6813 times)

downscc

Isolated Gate at FB KSFO **SOLVED**
« on: June 18, 2017, 01:14:49 am »
I was going to set a custom push back position at KSFO G93, already had the node in an AFCAD loaded in the session, when GSX stops working at all KSFO gates.  Error message is approx 'Gate is isolated no ground services available' triggered with Ctrl+Shift+F12.  I can still pull up Customize Parking Position and even vary the parking position.  The manual does not mention this error message.  What is likely cause?  I undid my custom push back entries, deleted the appdata\roaming\virtuali\gsx file save for ksfo. Out of ideas.

UPDATE:  GSX will respond when I enable the original airport bgl (KSFOHD.bgl), but making a copy of that bgl with ADEv1.75 (beta for P3Dv4) and using that as the airport file results in the isolated parking error. Still looking for ideas here with the KSFO. Yes, already ran a fault finder on the file and fixed a few open nodes but nothing major.

Now that I have determined that KSFOHD.bgl works but a copy of it from ADEv1.75 does not, I have my troubleshooting direction but it would be most helpful to know precisely how GSX determines a gate is isolated.  Obviously, the gates I've tried at KSFO are all connected with apron links so what else is involved?  Thank you.

UPDATE:  Looks like a problem with ADEv1.75 because of the four locations that I have modified the AFCAD with it there is a GSX isolated parking message at all parking locations.  I have compared the XML files created by ADEv1.70 and ADEv1.75 and the taxiway parking elements and links look the same and compared to the P3D SDK I don't see a problem.  Again, looking for understanding what GSX is looking at when it determines a gate is isolated.

UPDATE:  We have ruled out a problem with ADEv1.75, working with Scruffyduck we know that ADEv1.70 uses P3Dv3 bglcomp compiler, which GSX works with.  Apparently GSX is not compatible with airports compiled with P3Dv4 bglcomp.  There have been changes made to taxi links, aprons and runway objects in the new SDK.  So, I jumped the gun in expecting GSX to be P3Dv4 compatible.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:51:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Isolated Gate at FB KSFO
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:56:30 pm »
Again, looking for understanding what GSX is looking at when it determines a gate is isolated.

It checks what the message says: if the parking is connected or not to the rest of the taxiway layout.

However, in this case it seems more like a problem of the .BGL not being recognized correctly. Likely related to the use of the new Bglcomp from V4, which seems to have changed the .BGL format slightly.

For the time being, use ADE in P3D 3 mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Isolated Gate at FB KSFO
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:41:22 am »
The current Live Udpate, fixes this.

downscc

Re: Isolated Gate at FB KSFO **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »
I ran couatl updateder at about 20/1600UTC after seeing your post in FSDeveloper forum and here.  I then loaded the P3Dv4 KLAS AFCAD bgl "AP_KLAS2.bgl" into ADEv1.75 and compiled it using SDKv4 compiler.  I put that into KLAS\Scenery and set the FSDT AFCAD to .OFF.  I am still getting isolated parking errors.

I ran update by executing Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:59:46 am »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem is fixed with the current Live Update after I posted it.  I tried doing exactly the same as you did (opened the KLAS2.BGL file and re-compiled it back with ADE 1.75 in P3D V4 mode), and it worked right away.

It should have downloaded an updated Couatl.exe. If it hasn't on your system, try again, maybe your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet with the new file. The version of Couatl.exe which is online now and supports the V4 .BGL format is 3.2.0.3829
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:31:33 pm by virtuali »

downscc

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:01 pm »
<<  try again, maybe your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet with the new file. >>

Yeah, my couatl.exe was still dated 6/12/17.  Just ran updater again to obtain couatl.exe dated 6/21/17 and tested GSX with hoped for results. Thanks for the followup.

bilookhan

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:45 am »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem is fixed with the current Live Update after I posted it.  I tried doing exactly the same as you did (opened the KLAS2.BGL file and re-compiled it back with ADE 1.75 in P3D V4 mode), and it worked right away.

It should have downloaded an updated Couatl.exe. If it hasn't on your system, try again, maybe your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet with the new file. The version of Couatl.exe which is online now and supports the V4 .BGL format is 3.2.0.3829

Hi Virtuali,
I am also having the same issue when customizing FlyTampa Dubai Scenery from 1.75 ADE - GSX gives me isolated parking error for all parking spot. Just to understand better to fix this issue, run P3D V4, load a flight and then run update couatl, and that's it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:09 am »
Just to understand better to fix this issue, run P3D V4, load a flight and then run update couatl, and that's it ?

No, run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon before starting the sim, since executables cannot be updated while the sim is running.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 02:14:59 pm »
Just to understand better to fix this issue, run P3D V4, load a flight and then run update couatl, and that's it ?

No, run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon before starting the sim, since executables cannot be updated while the sim is running.
Hello Umberto,
Today i purchased the new AS Simwings LEMD Madrid Professional scenery. Here is the thing, certain gates that i doubt they are part of the terminal
since they operate with CTRL+J cant be excluded, and when you select the option to exclude, it adds a new jetway but if you return to the sim after
çompiling, the old and the new are there.
Others doing the same the old disappears perfectly. Odd.

Also, i place the position of the plane in the correct one, and when i exit the sim and go back in again, the plane goes back to the wrong one. As
if i have done nothing. If i edit the parking position, then it places the plane in the correct one. i am familiar with the process, but here does not
work.

Also I get messages on certain gates "this gate is isolated... or so". I read in the forums that this is solved by doing the FSDT Live update from the desktop. the one that the installation of gsx2 places in my desktop is Couatl_Updater, no the Couatl_Updater2. i am bit confused. what is the difference bet them. shall we run both? in any order? does the Couatl_Updater2 includes file from the Couatl_Updater? thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »
Here is the thing, certain gates that i doubt they are part of the terminal
since they operate with CTRL+J cant be excluded, and when you select the option to exclude, it adds a new jetway but if you return to the sim after compiling, the old and the new are there. Others doing the same the old disappears perfectly. Odd.

Is GSX using the correct AFCAD that comes with the scenery ?

Also I get messages on certain gates "this gate is isolated... or so". I read in the forums that this is solved by doing the FSDT Live update from the desktop.

The update only fixed GSX from crashing, so now it giving you the "this gate is isolated" message instead. It cannot fix the scenery for you. If a gate is isolated, it cannot be used by GSX, and usually it's a mistake in the scenery, since no AI can use it. Unless it was made on purpose, to *prevent* AI from going there.

the one that the installation of gsx2 places in my desktop is Couatl_Updater

That's what you have to run. Nowhere we said you must search for the executable and wonder which one to use. That's why we have a desktop icon to begin with.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 01:20:59 pm »
Here is the thing, certain gates that i doubt they are part of the terminal
since they operate with CTRL+J cant be excluded, and when you select the option to exclude, it adds a new jetway but if you return to the sim after compiling, the old and the new are there. Others doing the same the old disappears perfectly. Odd.

Is GSX using the correct AFCAD that comes with the scenery ?

Hi Umberto, indeed. but they just came with a new AFCAD for that recently released scenery and is solved. what it still happens is that the GSX2 crashes when editing gates HEAVY in terminal 4. The rest (Small, Medium of all scenery and Heavy in Terminal T work excelent!). odd.

Also, Umberto, I really need help with the 2 finger configuration of the GSX2. Sometimes it works others doesnt. Can you take a look at this note i made in the forum? (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg132604.html#msg132604).
When i configurate double or triple fingers, it either does not recognize it has one of them (I think this does not happen any more and it migh had to do with one of the jtwy not being long enough) but what is still happening is that, with for example the QW787, it does not give me the option to direct a certain jtwy to Door L2. I checked the plane configuration and it does show with 4 doors on the left in green
Thanks Umberto!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 01:22:25 pm »
. what it still happens is that the GSX2 crashes when editing gates HEAVY in terminal 4.

Please post the error detail log.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 01:28:32 pm »
. what it still happens is that the GSX2 crashes when editing gates HEAVY in terminal 4.

I am in a middle of a long flight, i will do a video as soon as i land in an hour. it does not produce a GSX error log, is the error that i told you about yesterday that produces for some reason a crash in the grafics GXT1080 and removes GSX2 from the available addons. You said it was because of the AFCAD.. but i want you to see it in the video,.. I have activated the error log reporting from P3d to see if this shows some light in this issue.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 05:22:36 pm »

hello Umberto,
Here are 2 Crashes.
1. Editting today EDDH (se your Couatl crashed while editing EDDH.err txt log). After this error, GSX dissapeared from the addon menu. exited, the fsim, entered. nothing. not in addon menu. had to reinstall. in doing so, i got an error when installing.. i guess i should have restarted pc before reinstalling? se pic.
2. Something identical to EDDH in LFPG. also atach error file.
2. Editting LEBL gate 515 on terminal 4, only happens on the Heavy gates. the rest of 81 parkings worked perfectly. see video: https://youtu.be/sETcOfEcpeA     of the error since i can replicate it. Couatl crashed while editing EDDH.err
Here i also had to reinstall since I pressed Yes on the message of this pic.
PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE show us how to create heavy jetways that have 2-3 jetways. i cant seem to have GSX2 recognize the option of each of the 3 jetways that i create in a 3 jetway gate, to choose to what door it should go. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg132604.html#msg132604
thanks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:57:25 pm by cartayna »