Author Topic: P3Dv4 GSX Support Request  (Read 8327 times)

ACA235

P3Dv4 GSX Support Request
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:08:24 am »
This is a support request for GSE in P3Dv4

This product is continually asking me if I would like to activate GSX - which I already have.  Why does it do this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4 GSX Support Request
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:46:19 am »
That's likely because you are running the sim in some compatibility mode, which shouldn't be used or, your user account has limited permission.

ACA235

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »
This is not the case - not running in compatibility mode and my user account is an administrator and the program is running as an admin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »
This is not the case - not running in compatibility mode and my user account is an administrator and the program is running as an admin.

Are you sure it completes the registration and the Addon Manager register it as "Active" ? Is the program working normally otherwise ? And, please don't post twice the same message. I removed the other identical post.

ACA235

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »
Yes it says it's active and functions. However, every time I load P3D it is asking me if I would like to activate it. I see the reg key there so not sure what is going on. Wilco on the duplicate posting

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 11:43:13 am »
Try to change the properties for the Couatl.exe file in the Addon Manager\couatl folder to run As Administrator.

It shouldn't be necessary but, it seems it is in your case it might, most likely because you have a problem with your account permissions.

ACA235

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »
Umberto -

Per your suggestion, I changed this to run as an administrator and the result is the same -

Any other suggestions?  Also - still stuck in trial mode at any airport that is not FSDT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 11:01:21 pm »
Try to create a new user account, with admin properties, then install GSX from there, activate it, and then switch back to your original user account.

ACA235

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »
Good day Umberto,

I have tried this as well - with no luck....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 10:06:08 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate this in any way, and nobody reported it. Or, more precisely, the very few that reported it along the years, all had the sim running in Compatibility mode, or a problem with their user account.

ACA235

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »
Thanks for your help with this.

So I have uninstalled the product and when I loaded P3Dv4 it said "No .DAT files found, Addon Manager will not run"

Any thoughts here ?

ACA235

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 06:24:29 pm »
Further to the above - it deleted the Live Update program so i reinstalled KCLT AFTER removing GSX and ran the updater and now - 20 minutes later, I see that it is downloading all of the GSX files...

FSDT_Pushback_02_texture and EVERYTHING to do with GSX.

Why??

ACA235

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 06:32:16 pm »
Still updating GSX stuff - now on to the staircase...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 09:37:14 am »
Further to the above - it deleted the Live Update program so i reinstalled KCLT AFTER removing GSX and ran the updater and now - 20 minutes later, I see that it is downloading all of the GSX files...

That's because you must have removed GSX manually so, the updater saw that some files were still there, so it tried to restore the whole product.

ACA235

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:33 pm »
If by manually you mean the Add / Remove Programs feature in Windows 10 - then yes I did.

Where are the remnants of this program located so that I can remove it entirely?

What is interesting Umberto - is that I own every single scenery of yours and Flight Beam and never run in to an issue with any of yours or theirs - with the exception of GSX.

As one with a solid understanding of computers and permissions - there is absolutely nothing wrong with my user permissions at all.  In P3Dv3 and now v4, i am totally unable to use GSX.  Every single other program and aircraft works without issue.

Anyways - if you can tell how to remove this program once and for all, it would be much appreciated - but disappointing too.