Author Topic: GSX sound question.  (Read 2386 times)

kenthom

GSX sound question.
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:51:52 am »
After working fine on a flight I unexpectedly lost the GSX sound on the next flight.  Pushback was initiated but there were no voices or engine sounds of the tug.  All airplane sounds were fine.  I initiated the FSDT Live Update and still no sound.  I reinstalled GSX and still no sounds. 

Within the GSX Audio tab it says;    audio is fine.  The following devices have been disabled because they failed to initialize:  Generic Software on Speakers (Logitech USB Headset)

Does anyone have a suggestions as to what would cause this and a suggestion to fix it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:00:15 am by kenthom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX sound question.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:27 am »
Does anyone have a suggestions as to what would cause this and a suggestion to fix it?

The error is displayed because the audio driver reported your audio device had a problem when calling OpenAL, which is the standard audio library we use for sound in GSX.

This might be a problem of the drivers supporting OpenAL, but also a temporary problem, possibly because the headset was turned off or in stand-by when GSX started. Headsets can be tricky, I just bought a new one yesterday, because it randomly disappeared from Skype...

Other than being sure the headset is fully working *before* you start the sim, there's not much you can do.

It should also be possible to just "Restart Couatl" when trying, without restarting the whole sim.

kenthom

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »
I have tried all your suggestions and nothing has resolved the problem in V3 or V4.  It was working fine and then just stopped.  Are you saying the purchase of a new headset it probably my only option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 12:56:52 pm »
Are you saying the purchase of a new headset it probably my only option?

The other option would be trying to understand why the audio drivers for that headset fail to initialize OpenAL. Since it's used by many games, you might find some references on the internet about it.