Author Topic: Coutal/SODE Won't load up in the sim.  (Read 5816 times)

samwheeler

Coutal/SODE Won't load up in the sim.
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:17:08 pm »
Hi,

I was about to do a flight till I noticed GSX and Coutal wasn't in the sim. I restarted to see if it would load up. It didn't. It wasn't even in the EXE or DLL. I tried to reinstall addon manager and all my sceneries. Nothing is going into the DLL or EXE. SODE was also removed. Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutal/SODE Won't load up in the sim.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:34:43 pm »
If you have a CORRUPTED EXE.XML in the %PROGRAMDATA% folder, caused by a bugged installation of another product (we had reports that UT Live beta cause this), this will prevent ALL executables from being loaded. It's a bug in P3D V4 which should be fixed in the next update, and LM is aware of it.

Remove all your additions from the XML files, and be sure they are not corrupted. An easy way to check if an XML file is corrupted, is to open it with Internet Explorer.

KAWAUS

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 01:23:51 pm »
Yep mine is the same :(

Also can not see the files you say to remove because im either in wrong spot or there is none!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:27:44 pm by KAWAUS »

gazbathdard

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 02:43:00 pm »
My exe.xml / add-on.xml etc has nothing pertaining to GSX.
Does anybody have the text from the file so I can copy to mine?

GSX does start when executing the Coutl.exe, but then I have to re-register serial.

I have UT Live, but I never set it to work with P3D v4.

samwheeler

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:11:22 pm »
If you have a CORRUPTED EXE.XML in the %PROGRAMDATA% folder, caused by a bugged installation of another product (we had reports that UT Live beta cause this), this will prevent ALL executables from being loaded. It's a bug in P3D V4 which should be fixed in the next update, and LM is aware of it.

Remove all your additions from the XML files, and be sure they are not corrupted. An easy way to check if an XML file is corrupted, is to open it with Internet Explorer.

Hi Umberto. This was in V3 not V4. I got it fixed though. I uninstalled P3D V4 and it installed fine.

KAWAUS

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 04:12:45 am »
Hi Umberto. This was in V3 not V4. I got it fixed though. I uninstalled P3D V4 and it installed fine.

You shouldn't need to uninstall everything just to fix 1 thing every time a program stuffs up!

I'd like to know how to fix it without uninstalling P3Dv4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 10:48:12 am »
Also can not see the files you say to remove because im either in wrong spot or there is none!

That's because the EXE/DLL.XML files are located in %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin folder!

KAWAUS

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:33 am »
Thanks. I've found uninstalling all of FSDT procure and reinstalling works fine. I just won't click on the update manager until bugs are all fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 11:15:33 am »
I just won't click on the update manager until bugs are all fixed.

What "bugs" ? If you had a corrupted XML files, it has nothing to do with us or our Live Update or the Addon Manager, since we DO NOT use those files anymore.

The bug discussed, it's a bug of the sim, that cannot load any executables, even those NOT using the DLL/EXE.XML files, if any of these has a syntax error.

KAWAUS

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 11:45:06 am »
I just won't click on the update manager until bugs are all fixed.

What "bugs" ? If you had a corrupted XML files, it has nothing to do with us or our Live Update or the Addon Manager, since we DO NOT use those files anymore.

The bug discussed, it's a bug of the sim, that cannot load any executables, even those NOT using the DLL/EXE.XML files, if any of these has a syntax error.

Well to be frank, I did not have a single issue until I ran the live updater prior to that everything was working fine and no other add ons were added on after all these as there is no new add ons that are ready that I have .

Hope that makes sense.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 11:48:11 am »
Well to be frank, I did not have a single issue until I ran the live updater prior to that everything was working fine and no other add ons were added on after all these as there is no new add ons that are ready that I have .

The Live Update doesn't even touch your XML files so no, it's not possible it would cause this. It just you happened to have noticed the problem after running the Live Update, but it wasn't the cause.

KAWAUS

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 12:41:28 pm »

The Live Update doesn't even touch your XML files so no, it's not possible it would cause this. It just you happened to have noticed the problem after running the Live Update, but it wasn't the cause.

Well idk how you can explain that it WORKED fine the other night and yesterday not at all! Anyway doesn't matter I solved it myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 01:00:09 pm »
Well idk how you can explain that it WORKED fine the other night and yesterday not at all! Anyway doesn't matter I solved it myself.

If the problem was the corrupted XML file, it was corrupted for another reason since, as I've said, the Live Update doesn't interact with it in any way. Is this what you did to solve it ?

KAWAUS

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 01:04:19 pm »

If the problem was the corrupted XML file, it was corrupted for another reason since, as I've said, the Live Update doesn't interact with it in any way. Is this what you did to solve it ?

To solve it I had to uninstall all of the FSDT programs and re install and it worked. I never touched any of the XML files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:44 pm »
To solve it I had to uninstall all of the FSDT programs and re install and it worked. I never touched any of the XML files.

Nobody said you touched them, they might have been corrupted by other installers, assuming the problem WERE the XML files. It's possible the problem might be something else, like a wrong compatibility setting in the registry for the sim, which our installer fixes automatically.

As you surely must have noticed, the installer launched the FSDT Live Update at the end so, clearly, if you say the installer fixed the problem, it clearly wasn't caused by the Live Update, because the Live Update (the same you would start from the icon) is launched by the installer at the end.