Author Topic: How to properly install (GSX, KLAS etc.) into Prepar3D v4  (Read 3659 times)

jpincmh

How to properly install (GSX, KLAS etc.) into Prepar3D v4
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:29:10 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have GSX, KLAS among other FSDreamteam airports installed into Prepar3D v3.4. Do I uninstall GSX and the other airports first? Then use the new installer for P3D v4? Or Do I just run the installers for GSX, KLAS and such? I have looked for instructions via this forum on how to exactly put my FSDreamteam add-ons into P3D v4. I searched for a while and I apologize if I have missed (I'm sure it's was posted somewhere).

Thank you for your help!

Btw...I love your products!

swaluver88

Re: How to properly install (GSX, KLAS etc.) into Prepar3D v4
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:33:33 pm »
negative

i just redownloaded all the sceneries and the addon manager first. then i installed the addon manager before anything else into P3D V4, and then the rest.
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:31:35 am »
If you download ANY product using its full installer, installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is entirely redundant, since all installers come with it.

jpincmh

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 04:51:02 am »
Thank you for your help. Everything loaded nicely.

Fyi for anyone else needing help. If you don't have the current version of SODE, you will need to uninstall it first. In case you don't know if you have the current version of SODE then run the installer and it will indicate if your SODE is current or not. The installer for my products (GSX, KLAS etc.) had the current SODE included. In my case, I discovered my SODE was outdated so I uninstalled SODE and ran the installer for my FSDreamTeam products. It installed my FSDreamTeam products with the latest version of SODE and now everything works perfectly.

Thanks again for updating your products for free to P3D v4. I know it adds a lot of extra work for your team.