Author Topic: FSDT Live Update Error **SOLVED**  (Read 13256 times)

Frank12P

FSDT Live Update Error **SOLVED**
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:14:13 am »
Dear FSDT Team,

please see the following issue.
Run as Admin:
https://abload.de/img/1bbseh.jpg

https://abload.de/img/2qzs0r.jpg

what can i do?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:26:38 pm by virtuali »
Kind Regards, Frank
Windows 10 / 64Bit / Intel i7 4790K 4 x 4,0 GHz/ 16 GB DDR3 RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB/ P3D V4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Update Error
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:20:19 am »
I cannot reproduce the error, and nobody reported it. It seems you are missing entirely one of the two executables (Couatl_Updater2.exe).

Maybe, your antivirus has decided that, just because it downloads something "it must be dangerous", so it blocked it. Try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, see if it fixes it.

Frank12P

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:36:04 am »
the antivir is setting off Sir
Kind Regards, Frank
Windows 10 / 64Bit / Intel i7 4790K 4 x 4,0 GHz/ 16 GB DDR3 RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB/ P3D V4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:38:17 am »
the antivir is setting off Sir

Then it's not possible you would miss an executable, since it comes with all the installers. And, turning off the antivirus when installing might not be enough: you might also need to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, otherwise the antivirus might start interfering as soon as you turn if back on.

As I've said, try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, see if it fixes it.

Frank12P

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:47:19 am »
As I've said, try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, see if it fixes it.

ok, I try it...and....the same issue
but all files are in der Folder:
https://abload.de/img/unbenannt7yux5.jpg
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:23:33 pm by virtuali »
Kind Regards, Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:12 pm »
ok, I try it...and....the same issue but all files are in der Folder:

Which is why I think this seems to be caused by the antivirus. As you can see, the file IS there and, for the little german I can understand from your screenshot, it seems the program couldn't find a file which is clearly there.

What happens if you start the Couatl_updater2.exe manually ?

Frank12P

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »
Ok, I will try that and give feedback asap.
Kind Regards, Frank

Frank12P

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 02:40:50 pm »
so, i tested all Aiports. The isue comes from PHNL. Can you check the installer please? Thx
Kind Regards, Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:03:23 pm »
so, i tested all Aiports. The isue comes from PHNL. Can you check the installer please? Thx

Doesn't happen here (and nobody else has reported it). I tried both running the Live Update normally, or when installing PHNL, and there are no errors. I even uninstalled PHNL and reinstalled it, and it works normally.

Jlively

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 03:51:42 pm »
I am having the same exact problem. I have tried turning off Antivirus. I have tried installing as Admin. Everything else with the install and fsdreamteam works. Everytime I try running the live update it says the path cant be found. But if you go to the folder its there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 12:55:31 pm »
Everytime I try running the live update it says the path cant be found. But if you go to the folder its there.

Which is why I think this seems to be caused by the antivirus. Since the file is there, the only possible reason it cannot run find it, is the antivirus not granting access to it, or removing it.

Stew

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:36 pm »
Respectfully, Umberto, both posters have stated they have turned off their antivirus, and the updater still cannot find the relevant file, even though it is present in the Addon Manager folder.  This is also my situation--my Addon Manager folder is excluded from scanning by my antivirus (Kaspersky), the Couatl_Updater2 file is clearly present in said folder, yet the FSDT Updater still fails to function.  To deny there is something wrong is ignoring what the posters and myself are reporting.  So for the time being, I'm choosing not to run the Updater at all--the sceneries still seem to function anyway.

Best Regards,

Stew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 11:42:45 am »
Respectfully, Umberto, both posters have stated they have turned off their antivirus

That might not be enough. Some antivirus are so defective, that they still interfere even when turned off from their interface, and the only real solution is to stop their services, or uninstall them. I HAVE witnessed this first-hand on many user's system while doing live sessions to support them and yes, it happened several times. And, some users don't realize they have two antivirus running, like a real antivirus and an anti-spyware, and in this case they should be both disabled.

and the updater still cannot find the relevant file, even though it is present in the Addon Manager folder

That's precisely my point. Since the update cannot obviously fail to find a file in its own folder, the only possible explanation is some kind of external interference which, is usually an antivirus or a similar product.

Of course, if the updater was coded with the wrong file to look for, it would happen to EVERYBODY and, of course, it would have been fixed long ago...

To deny there is something wrong is ignoring what the posters and myself are reporting.  So for the time being, I'm choosing not to run the Updater at all--the sceneries still seem to function anyway.

I'm not denying anything. There's surely something wrong, and it's in your configuration, either a software interfering, or some kind of strange issue with permissions, which might have gone corrupted in that folder.

Are you able to start the Couatl_updater2.exe manually ? Do you see errors ? If yes, which ones ?

Stew

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 05:27:15 pm »
Hello, Umberto.

I am able to start the Couatl_updater2.exe manually, but it leads to the same screen for the Updater and that leads to the same error, which is, "Runtime error (at 150:1490):  Out of Range".

There doesn't seem to be any interference by an antivirus or malware checker in this case.  And I would add that this has all started since installing P3Dv4.  So perhaps this has to do with P3Dv4?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »
And I would add that this has all started since installing P3Dv4.  So perhaps this has to do with P3Dv4?

Does this means you installed P3D V4 after you already installed some FSDT products that use the latest installers, when you didn't had V4 yet ? If yes, try to install the latest GSX FULL installer now.