Author Topic: P3Dv4 Scenery location  (Read 2948 times)

por930

P3Dv4 Scenery location
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:52:50 pm »
Hi Umberto,

After loading 6 of the FSDT sceneries and 2 Flytampa sceneries (would seem with a v3 loader, appended with a patch after) I notice that when I look at the P3Dv4 world>scenery manager, the FSDT sceneries are on the top, located in order of loading(priority1-6) and while ticked as enabled, are grayed out, and unmovable as a block. The Flytampa sceneries are located(p7-11) not grayed out, and can be moved anywhere, other than above the FSDT sceneries.

I also notice from the Scenery Library, it shows the FSDT loader placed their sceneries in E:\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\CYVR\Scenery etc...while the FlyTampa loader placed theirs in: E:\P3D\FlyTampa\Sydney etc

Looking in Add-ons, I can see the 6 FSDT sceneries again, and able to ticked or unticked , but not change their priority.

While P3Dv4 can find both sets and they seem to work ok, one set of them aint right? and from your posts, it seems like the FlyTampa sceneries location is wrong? I notice several posts about the forums mentioning this issue and some confusion as to the correct place..Maybe there is really a significant difference and reason why the addon manager location is correct?

Anyway, hopefully, this will all become clearer as LM and the developers such as you, work out a correct procedure.

Geoff
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4 Scenery location
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »
It's entirely normal you see the FSDT sceneries greyed out, because that's how the Scenery Library works right now: the only sceneries that can be edited there, are those installed in the scenery.cfg, which is the legacy system, not the ones using the add-on.xml method, which is the new system that is suggested by LM all developers should follow.

The sim still support the old system, so there's nothing really wrong with it, just that with the new system, we won't risk that a problem in the scenery.cfg (which is shared and edited by installers and users alike) would cause the scenery to disappear, and with the new system, it's possible to reinstrall the sim, without reinstalling all the addons that use it.

por930

Re: P3Dv4 Scenery location
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:34:18 am »
Thanks Umberto.
For many years we have all complained when the platform needed to be removed and reinstalled due to some error, as this in turn meant we had to remove all our addons attached the flight sim platform. So, this move 'appears" good.

I suppose developers are scrambling to sort out IF they will update their sceneries, and if so, IF they will go the LM way or just the most expedient, like FlyTampa?

It was great that FSDT were the first, it seems, to have made the 'proper' changes for all sceneries.

Geoff
Geoff