Author Topic: Next european airport  (Read 14243 times)

longbow

Next european airport
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:08:56 am »
Hey guys, I love your sceneries I have Geneva and Zurich on the wish list. Hope I'll get them very soon. But I was wondering what the next european airport will be. I'd love to see Vienna airport. I know FS9 users already have this from FlyTampa, but I doubt the guys at FlyTampa will ever release it for FSX.Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Next european airport
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:25:06 am »
Next two products ( KLAS and K??? ) will be for the US. We still haven't decided what to do next. It might not even be an airport...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:44:14 am by virtuali »

longbow

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:27:08 pm »
Ok. But don't give up on making airports. Especially for Europe. ;) You guys are too good at it. Thanks.

JFKpilot

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:31 pm »
Next two products ( KLAX and K??? ) will be for the US. We still haven't decided what to do next. It might not even be an airport...

Do you mean KLAS or KLAX?  ???
KLAX would be great!
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:32:42 pm »
Do you mean KLAS or KLAX?  ???

I think you already know what he means.  ;)
There won't be a KLAX unless Cloud9 does it, and the designer of KLAX now works for FSDT, not Cloud9.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:40:30 am »
If you guys are from Italy, I assume, why no Italian seneries??? Fiume!! Malpensa!! LIMJ!!!!!!!

I do truly hope the next Euro senery heads to Italy!!!!!!!!! MY ISD Projects are a reason keeping me from going FSX!! Italian airports are THAT important to me!!

BernhardS

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:21:00 am »
Hello,

I have the same opinion as newmanix.
We can use Malpensa more or less in FSX, but there is no chance to use Rome LIRF in FSX.
So please FSDT don't neglect your homeland.  ;D
At the moment there is absolute no decent rendition of an italien airport in FSX. I think there will be many customer buying a good LIRF airport !

Bernhard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 09:37:18 am »
We did a nice rendition of Florence airport ( one of the most popular touristic destination in Italy ) for Aerosoft, and it also has the whole city in 3d together with it, and very good fps on top of that. It's also an interesting airport, because the short runway combined with the surrounding terrain, makes for a challenging approach.

Well...JFK sold in a couple of *hours* more than Florence in a year, and Zurich and Geneva didn't fared much different.

That basically defines the issues about making italian airports.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 09:40:07 am »
Next two products ( KLAX and K??? ) will be for the US. We still haven't decided what to do next. It might not even be an airport...

Uh...ok...  Assuming you do mean KLAS instead of KLAX, then what happened to KDFW being next??  You even just recently announced that it would be the next one along with a second airport.  Unless, of course, you mean that that second airport may come out before KDFW like you said before and you're keeping it a secret which one it might be.  Clarification?
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 10:11:24 am »
Uh...ok...  Assuming you do mean KLAS instead of KLAX

Of course, it's KLAS, the X is so close to the S on the keyboard...I've edited my post...

Unless, of course, you mean that that second airport may come out before KDFW like you said before and you're keeping it a secret which one it might be.  Clarification?

Yes, being labeled as K???, it refers to that one, which is done in parallel to KLAS.

I still think KDFW will be released but that doesn't mean anything about its expected release date. We now have two set of people working at sceneries so, the "KLAS team" (that will make KDFW as well) might switch to a non-airport project and will start working at KDFW after that one is released, while the "K??? team" might start another airport after K???. Or, we might decide that the "KLAS team" might be able to work on both projects, that has to be seen.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:20 am »
Well, that scrambled my brain trying to interpret that, haha, but I get it.  Thanks for the reply.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

BernhardS

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 11:23:00 am »
We did a nice rendition of Florence airport ( one of the most popular touristic destination in Italy ) for Aerosoft, and it also has the whole city in 3d together with it, and very good fps on top of that. It's also an interesting airport, because the short runway combined with the surrounding terrain, makes for a challenging approach.

Well...JFK sold in a couple of *hours* more than Florence in a year, and Zurich and Geneva didn't fared much different.

That basically defines the issues about making italian airports.

Virtuali,

of course I forget about Florence....my fault.
I really accept your business decision about neglecting italian airports. But my wish only goes to Rome. Aerosoft would call it a Mega-Airport, so is that airport really so uninteresting for the simmer-world, that only a small crowd of people would buy it?
You cannot compare Florence to Rome. And I cannot imagine, that Rome would be a smaller succes than Geneva.
US-Airports will surely better selling than italian airpots, but isn't the amount of making a KJFK is much much greater for an italien designer-group, than making a LIRF?
Cloud9's LIRF had a very hard opponent in ISD-Freeware in FS9. But ISD is death, so there will be no competitor in FSX and FSX is growing more and more.
So maybe you can think about that.

Bernhard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 12:45:44 pm »
You cannot compare Florence to Rome. And I cannot imagine, that Rome would be a smaller succes than Geneva.

Don't take it for granted, we did several italian sceneries in the past. The best selling one was, incidentally, Aviano, probably because it's not entirely italian, being a NATO a/b. However, still as a "best selling", it sold way below our recent products and our expectations for a commercially sustainable product.

US-Airports will surely better selling than italian airpots, but isn't the amount of making a KJFK is much much greater for an italien designer-group, than making a LIRF?

No, and that's precisely the point. Considering the effort of making a major airport like LIRF is about the same as KJFK, why should be makign something that has a 1/4th sales potential, at best ? Being closer to the place doesn't change anything, because we wouldn't be able to take the kind of pictures needed in any case, so we need to rely to existing documentation, and that quantity and quality of it is far greater for US airports and, incidentally, Swiss airports as well...

Cloud9's LIRF had a very hard opponent in ISD-Freeware in FS9

And guess who was the designer...

I'm assure you: he lost money on that specific project. We have already been there and done that, as they say...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:47:29 pm by virtuali »

Dimon

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 02:44:21 pm »
I think folks, you should stick with US airports since it's gold mine now. Aerosoft and UK2000 did a pretty good job on Europe covering this area for both FS2004 and FSX with excellent products and you have nothing to fish in this lake for next 2-3 years - that's the fact of life. North America was totally ignored in last 3 years. Yes, FlyTampa is perfect, but it's getting old with each day. Imaginesim is too far from modern standards even though I still use most of their sceneries.

That leave us with only TWO North American airports that were in modern good quality - FSDT KJFK and FSDT KORD.  ::)
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

BernhardS

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 03:45:05 pm »
No, and that's precisely the point. Considering the effort of making a major airport like LIRF is about the same as KJFK, why should be makign something that has a 1/4th sales potential, at best ? Being closer to the place doesn't change anything, because we wouldn't be able to take the kind of pictures needed in any case, so we need to rely to existing documentation, and that quantity and quality of it is far greater for US airports and, incidentally, Swiss airports as well...

I didn't knew, that your products rely only on existing documents. Many designers are saying, one can only make an airport, if one can visit it from all sides and make fotos from it.
So I thought it must be easier to visit Rome and get a permission for making fotos than in New York.

I think folks, you should stick with US airports since it's gold mine now. Aerosoft and UK2000 did a pretty good job on Europe covering this area for both FS2004 and FSX with excellent products and you have nothing to fish in this lake for next 2-3 years - that's the fact of life. North America was totally ignored in last 3 years. Yes, FlyTampa is perfect, but it's getting old with each day. Imaginesim is too far from modern standards even though I still use most of their sceneries.

That is something I don't understand. FS is an american product, but by far the best addon-designers come from outside the states? Even FlyTampa is half-german. Maybe americans don't want to do something, that makes not so much money? Or do americans have so much fun with FS-stock-airports?
So I can really understand Umberto, saying that there is a much bigger market in the States than in Europe.

Bernhard (still hoping that someone else will make an up-to-date-version of LIRF for FSX)