Author Topic: FSDT on E: drive question.  (Read 4043 times)

kenthom

FSDT on E: drive question.
« on: June 06, 2017, 01:39:29 am »
I purchased KCLT and installed all FSDT via the new Add-on Manager for V3.  Everything is as it should be and work well.  I have the airports installed on my Secondary HDD (E:) drive.  I now have installed V4 and beginning the transition.

Should I un-install the airports from the E: Drive before beginning with the install of the Add-on Manager to V4? 

Thanks.   

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: FSDT on E: drive question.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 07:33:02 am »
Probably better for Umberto to chime in here, but from what I understand, this shouldn't be necessary.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:50:44 am »
Should I un-install the airports from the E: Drive before beginning with the install of the Add-on Manager to V4?  

If you never installed into V4, the "standard" course of action would be reinstalling all of them (no need for uninstall, though), so the installer will have a chance to activate all the sceneries in V4. A reinstall wouldn't be needed in the future, in case you wanted to reinstall V4 again.

However, you might want to try a shortcut:

1) Install just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or just KCLT, in Prepar3D V4, which will add the software support to V4.

2) If you already have all your sceneries migrated under the new installation system (done when you installed KCLT in V3), you should have several Fsdreateam folders here:

Documents\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 Addons

Each one containing a folder for a scenery, which contains its own add-on.xml file. COPY all these folders except the Fsdreamteam Addon Manager, from here:

Documents\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 Addons

to here.

Documents\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 Addons

Be very careful to copy ONLY the scenery folders, NOT the "Fsdreamteam Addon Manager" folder, because the folder in V3 loads the 32 bit version of the software, which won't work in V4, and you should already have the 64 bit version of the software, because you installed it in Step #1

3) Now start P3D and, if you did everything right, you should see a request from the sim to activate all the addons you copied. Reply YES to all of them, and you should be ready to go.

kenthom

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 02:47:32 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  I will follow those directions and hope for the best! 

kenthom

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
The files are not exactly as you described so I will provide what they look like before beginning migration.

Documents\
Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamteam KCLT\add-on XML documents     (all airports but I am showing KCLT only)
Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\empty

Drive
Secondary HHD (E:)\Addon Manager\ (lists couatl, Effects,Flightbeam,FsDreamteam,Simobjects, Sound,  other files ie bgl, Dat etc)

E:\Addon Mangager\FsDreamteam\KCLT\scenery
                                                      \texture
                                                      \KCLT-manual       

Suggestions?   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 02:00:26 pm »
Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamteam KCLT\add-on XML documents     (all airports but I am showing KCLT only)

Yes, sure, it's Prepar3D v3 Add-ons, not Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons, but it's clearly the right folder.

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\empty

Of course, that's precisely why you must copy the folders here!

Secondary HHD (E:)\Addon Manager\ (lists couatl, Effects,Flightbeam,FsDreamteam,Simobjects, Sound,  other files ie bgl, Dat etc)

Haven't said anything about touching any of these.

kenthom

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:35 pm »
Ok, just wanted to clarify my computer tree before I attempted.  Thank you.

kenthom

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:09:59 pm »
Worked beautifully.  Thanks for the help.