Author Topic: GSX on P3D V4 not working **SOLVED**  (Read 15745 times)

cfso1854

GSX on P3D V4 not working **SOLVED**
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:54:09 am »
Hello,

I have just installed P3D V4 with PMDG 747 and sode 1.5.1. However, no matter how I try, GSX and addon manager just don't show up in the menu add-ons tab.

Under the "add-ons" tab, I can only see sode 1.5.1.

I installed GSX with windows 7 firewall turned off, and I do not have any anti-virus installed on my computer.

I suspect that I did not install GSX into the correct folder. So far I've tried installed GSX into the default location(C:\....) in the setup, my P3DV4 root folder, and prepar3d V4\addon manager folder.

Please suggest what I should do to have GSX working.

Thank you very much.

Yunhan
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:55:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX on P3D V4 not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:42:55 am »
Check if you have the same issue reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15760.msg113699.html#msg113699

Which was caused by a corrupted EXE.XML, caused by a bugged installer of another product.

cfso1854

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:43:23 am »
Check if you have the same issue reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15760.msg113699.html#msg113699

Which was caused by a corrupted EXE.XML, caused by a bugged installer of another product.

Hi,

so here is what I have in exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
   <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
   <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

anything wrong with it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:25 pm »
Posting the XML file like that is not very accurate, because it might be changed by the forum software so, even if it was corrupted, it wouldn't show.

It doesn't look wrong at first sight but, it's empty so, you might as well remove it, just to be sure. The sim doesn't need it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, perhaps your problem is different, and it's just the antivirus preventing the program from starting, so you should try to install with the antivirus disabled, then configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, before starting the sim.

cfso1854

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:00 pm »
Posting the XML file like that is not very accurate, because it might be changed by the forum software so, even if it was corrupted, it wouldn't show.

It doesn't look wrong at first sight but, it's empty so, you might as well remove it, just to be sure. The sim doesn't need it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, perhaps your problem is different, and it's just the antivirus preventing the program from starting, so you should try to install with the antivirus disabled, then configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, before starting the sim.

Hi, thanks for replying, but I do not have any anti-virus on my computer. Windows firewall is turned off. Just to be sure, can you please give me the correct folder that GSX should be installed into?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:57 pm »
Hi, thanks for replying, but I do not have any anti-virus on my computer. Windows firewall is turned off. Just to be sure, can you please give me the correct folder that GSX should be installed into?

Every folder you select for GSX is correct, as long as you have enough space available on the drive chosen.

cfso1854

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 06:50:52 pm »

Every folder you select for GSX is correct, as long as you have enough space available on the drive chosen.

Hi,

so, well, what do you suggest I do to solve the problem?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »
I already indicated what are the two most common problems that can happen:

- Corrupted EXE.XML in the %ProgramData% folder

- Antivirus blocking the executable.

Try to uninstall and then reinstall. Don't install inside the main simulator folder: the main advantage of the new installer is that you don't have to.

cfso1854

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 08:38:01 am »
I already indicated what are the two most common problems that can happen:

- Corrupted EXE.XML in the %ProgramData% folder

- Antivirus blocking the executable.

Try to uninstall and then reinstall. Don't install inside the main simulator folder: the main advantage of the new installer is that you don't have to.

Hello,

I was able to get it done by reinstalled the whole windows system and P3D V4.

I suspect it had something to do with the registration problem.

Thanks anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 09:55:53 am »
I suspect it had something to do with the registration problem.

If you fixed it by reinstalling the system, it's the clear indication it didn't had anything to do with the registration system but, most likely, a missing/corrupted system libraries from your old Windows installation, which prevented the software to run.

Most likely one of the VC++ runtime redistributables. It might have been possible to troubleshoot it and fix it without reinstalling Windows, but that's not always necessarily the fastest way.

Zijunliao

Re: GSX on P3D V4 not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »
It turns out that I have a similar problem which I tried to solve for numerous times but it seems like that nothing actually turns up even after multiple attempts to disable the anti virus software and reinstallation. I attempted to reinstall the vc libaries many times and even attempt to use windows's functions to check and repair for corrupt files. Strangely, it seems that nothing has been reported as corrpupted. Is there anyway to make my GSX working? Thank you.