Author Topic: Latest GSX - I lost SODE docking  (Read 3743 times)

Rafal

Latest GSX - I lost SODE docking
« on: June 04, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Previously I used the latest versions of GSX and SODE (1.4.2.) without any problems.
After installing the latest GSX (and uninstalling SODE 1.4.2. which was now part of GSX intall process) and SODE 1.5.0., the SODE jetway docking is not working anymore.
I get errors like:
- no trigggerable objects found
- selected aircraft has no exits defined
- (red) SODE connection lost! (when requring SODE jetway via GSX menu)

I have tested it at a few airports were it used to be flawlessly working (e.g. EPWA, EPGD, EDDH, LFPG).
I also tested with FSL A320 I fly most, but also PMDG NGX.

I also found the latest version of SODE (1.5.1.) on their website and installed it but it made no difference.

I admit I am lost in what can be happening.
Do you have an idea?

I am on FSX ACC and Windows 7 64-bit.

All the best,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest GSX - I lost SODE docking
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 12:15:35 am »
I have tested it at a few airports were it used to be flawlessly working (e.g. EPWA, EPGD, EDDH, LFPG). I also tested with FSL A320 I fly most, but also PMDG NGX.

You haven't said anything about our airports but, if you have other airports using SODE which are not working, this is entirely unrelated to GSX. GSX is used to create jetways only at FSDT airports. At other SODE-enabled airports, SODE creates and operates jetways entirely on its own.

And of course, if SODE itself has a problem at these airports, it won't surely improve even if you call SODE from the GSX menu. The only difference when calling SODE from GSX, is that GSX will pass the data about the aircraft exits using its own data, while if you call SODE from the SODE menu, it use the airplane database that comes with SODE.

On FSDT airports, instead, you can only use SODE from the GSX menu.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 12:22:00 am »
Thank you for your reply.

From what you write it looks like the problem must be in SODE itself.
I have already posted at their support forum and await a reply.

Anyway something must have gone really wrong.
Honestly I am surprised I see no more people posting about it.
It could suggest I am the only one seeing it but why? That is a good question.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:49:44 am »
It could suggest I am the only one seeing it but why? That is a good question.

Yes, you are the first reporting this, so it must be something specific of your installation.

12bpilot

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:39:45 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Check PM, I think I found something...

808CruzControl

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:44:06 am »
I thought I was having this issue as well, so I kinda tested it and maybe you could give it a try and others who see this post.

When I was pulling up to a gate, the Marshall made me move far up as possible, where my left engine was about to touch the jetway. At KSFO gate 83 i.e., the gate is "fixed," so I slewed a little back to align the door to the jetway and then I was able to activate the jetway. Hopefully this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:58:52 am »
At KSFO gate 83 i.e., the gate is "fixed," so I slewed a little back to align the door to the jetway and then I was able to activate the jetway.

Have a look at pages 33-34 of the GSX manual, which explains how the stopping position is calculated now, how you can change it, how the "Preferred Exit" on the airplane affects it, and how you can use the "Ignore preferred exit" on some parkings, if required.

808CruzControl

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 10:15:12 am »
At KSFO gate 83 i.e., the gate is "fixed," so I slewed a little back to align the door to the jetway and then I was able to activate the jetway.

Have a look at pages 33-34 of the GSX manual, which explains how the stopping position is calculated now, how you can change it, how the "Preferred Exit" on the airplane affects it, and how you can use the "Ignore preferred exit" on some parkings, if required.

gotcha, this interesting. Thanks!