Author Topic: Refueling and Catering/Boarding at same time  (Read 4266 times)

Speedbird ATC

Refueling and Catering/Boarding at same time
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:55:56 pm »
One thing I do not understand is why you cannot have the fuel truck and catering vehicles, or for that matter fuel truck and boarding, done at the same time. Would it be possible to have this fixed? It is not in anyway realistic, and significantly adds to the turnaround time for me. On a sidenote, I should add that cargo loading generally takes a lot longer then boarding, and starts earlier.

Hungrypilot

Re: Refueling and Catering/Boarding at same time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:02:06 am »
Personally, I have stopped using the refueling feature of GSX for that reason.  At some airports, the fuel truck drives from the entire other side of the airfield or doesn't show up at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:18 pm »
At some airports, the fuel truck drives from the entire other side of the airfield or doesn't show up at all.

That's not a GSX problem, but a problem of how the airport AFCAD was made, without any parking of the fuel type within reasonable range of the terminals, so GSX had to look the whole airport to find one, regardless of the distance from your plane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
One thing I do not understand is why you cannot have the fuel truck and catering vehicles, or for that matter fuel truck and boarding, done at the same time.

This has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum: in order to reduce the chance of vehicles clashing into each other. GSX vehicles don't have real awareness of their own relative position.

Trying to do so would put a big strain on performances, because each vehicle should check the position of all the other ones at each frame, which would result in flooding the sim with too much data, and possibly affecting all other addons.

And, even if vehicles had full awareness of each other, a whole new class of problems will surface, like traffic "deadlocks", which will be very common considering the limited apron space.

So, to simplify all these issues, we try to have some vehicles at predictable positions, which means not allowing some services to be run at the same time.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:29:14 pm »
Personally I find this to be a huge hit on realism, and it makes boarding times unnecessarily long. Oh well. Thanks for the answer.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:26:59 am »
May I ask why it cannot be added as an option? Personally I don't stare at the ground vehicles all the time, and I doubt I would notice too many conflicts. I have a feeling I am not alone in this. It worked just fine before the refueling update...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 10:08:22 am »
Quote from: Speedbird ATC link=topic=16750.msg119725#msg119725 date=1510979219 It worked just fine before the refueling update...[/quote

It didn't "worked just fine".

We FIXED this, as usual after users reporting problems, because AFCADs from 3rd party sceneries were made so badly, with unreachable taxiways, missing vehicle paths, missing fuel parking, missing vehicle parkings, that it was impossible for GSX to find a path in the vicinity of the airplane, and this would cause exactly what another user said this upgrade cause: the fuel vehicle simply not appearing, because there was no way to trace a path to the airplane on such airport so now, they will always show up, but might take longer, while in older versions they just won't appear or result in errors.