Author Topic: All My FSDT Sceneries Are Gone?  (Read 4074 times)

Kelleymoe

All My FSDT Sceneries Are Gone?
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »
I just installed KCLT and it deleted all my installed FSDT sceneries for FSX.  KCLT didn't even completely install.  Please no one write "it's because they were Pirated."  They're not.  Has anyone experienced this?  I own almost all the FSDT sceneries (minus KMEM) and I've never experienced this problem.  It also deleted some of my default aircraft (Discovery Space shuttle and TBM Avenger).  Why?

This is really frustrating.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:08:08 pm by Kelleymoe »

kikigey89

Re: All My FSDT Sceneries Are Gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:14 pm »
It should move the FSDT and FBS sceneries to a new location, the installer should have asked for your desired path. It seems to have worked on my system, however no FSDT or FBS scenery loads. Addon Manager and Couatl entries are in P3D v3.3. Still investigating.

kikigey89

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:13:42 pm »
Addon Manager says "Active but not installed in the Scenery Library" - KCLT is present in the new Addon Manager folder. I tried both, the default folder and an own one direcly in D:\

Kelleymoe

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:16:17 pm »
This is very strange.  Installing KCLT to FSX totally deleted all my FSDT sceneries.  They're gone.  The only thing left is Hawaii1 and Hawaii2 folders with the manuals still inside.

Mike

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 07:32:25 pm »
This is very strange.  Installing KCLT to FSX totally deleted all my FSDT sceneries.  They're gone.  The only thing left is Hawaii1 and Hawaii2 folders with the manuals still inside.
The scenery should have gone to the new Add-on Manager folder, so check to make sure it's actually there.
Captain Kevin

Kelleymoe

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:30:51 pm »
I found the new "Addon Manager" folder.  Unfortunately, it's empty.  I guess I better start reloading all my sceneries.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 10:53:19 pm »
If you use P3D 3.3, that's the cause of the problem.

Although the LM SDK documentation says that starting with 3.3 the new installation system is fully supported, it seems there's still a bug with it, which has been fixed in 3.4, that a file which is crucial for the Addon Manager to find the add-ons installed with the add-on.xml system (the scenery_add-ons.xml file), is not created.

You must update to 3.4 to fix this.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 12:49:30 am »
I'm using FSX. I'm reloading my scenery.  I'll start with KCLT and see if it's easier when I load the other scenery.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:51:30 am »
Another user posted here, and he said he use P3D 3.3.

In your case, the most likely explanation why the migration process failed, is that you might already have some kind of error in your scenery.cfg, so the installer moved the sceneries, but couldn't update the scenery.cfg because of that.