Author Topic: bglmanx.dll Error/Solution Mystery  (Read 3877 times)

rhodges

bglmanx.dll Error/Solution Mystery
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:34:42 pm »
Not real sure where to put this, so I will enter it in the General Discussion Forum.

Earlier today, I got the the same error message posted by others regarding the following:

"bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 2,5,0,8
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.
File bglmanx.dll

It advised me that something was wrong with this file and gave me the choice of either running it or excluding it in the FSX startup. I excluded it, shut FSX down. I then did a search to find the "bglmanx: files, which were located in the FSX root directory.

I have had the fsdreamteam KJFK, KORD, and Zurich airports installed for a little over 5 months (Installed, September, 19, 2008). I have had no troubles with them at all, love them to death and think they are just about the best scenery displayed. I would love to see a few more for Yankee (and Rebel) land (USA).

Nothing has been added or modified in my system or in FSX for some time by me. The only change of which I was aware was that I had just had an automatic Microsoft update for Windows XP, "KB967715". I felt sure that was probably the problem, so removed it from my system. During removal (XP Control Panel ADD/Remove provisions), I got the following error message:

"Setup detected the following programs on your computer. Flight One software "Iron Knuckles" DC9." It went on to tell me that if I removed KB967715, that this bird might not fly right thereafter. My sequence of steps was as follows:

1. Restarted the computer, no success.
2. Removed "KB967715", no success
3. Renamed "bglmanx.dat", "bglmanx.dll", "bglmanx_aerosoft.dat", bglmanx_fsdt.dat", and "bglmanx_fsdt.xml". PROBLEM WAS GONE.
4. Tried to reinstall fsdreamteam KJFK. Installation was denied midway through the setup (Yes, all antivirus was disabled.)
5. Tried to reinstall fsdreamteam Zurich. Installation completed with no problem.
6. Cranked up FSX with no problem, and all three dreamfleet airports looked wonderful as usual.
7. Shutdown FSX.
7. Brought up "Windows Update" and reinstalled "KB967715", along with another critical update for "Netframework 3.5".
8. Restarted the computer.
9. Again, started up FSX and checked out the three airports: Beautiful as usual.

I am running Windows XPPro, FSX, and FS9.

I saw posts regarding this same error by others, but all seemed to be relative to the "Cloud Nine" package, and I think were running on Vista. I do not have either on my system.

For what it is worth:

Respectfully:
RTH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll Error/Solution Mystery
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:10:47 pm »
It advised me that something was wrong with this file and gave me the choice of either running it or excluding it in the FSX startup. I excluded it, shut FSX down. I then did a search to find the "bglmanx: files, which were located in the FSX root directory.

It's a known FSX bug that, sometimes, a newly trusted module gives this error, without any reason. Since it always used to run on your system, it's clear the file couldn't suddendly become a "problem"

Instead, the correct solution would have been (this was suggested on this forum, several times), the opposite of what FSX suggested: allowing the module to run, exist from FSX, reboot Windows and then the error would have gone away, without doing anything else.

I had just had an automatic Microsoft update for Windows XP, "KB967715". I felt sure that was probably the problem, so removed it from my system. During removal (XP Control Panel ADD/Remove provisions), I got the following error message

I don't see how this might be releated to that, or even the Flight1 DC9: that update should be only fix a bug of the CD Autorun feature...

4. Tried to reinstall fsdreamteam KJFK. Installation was denied midway through the setup (Yes, all antivirus was disabled.)

You should took notice why it was denied, otherwise it's impossible to tell what's happened.

I saw posts regarding this same error by others, but all seemed to be relative to the "Cloud Nine" package

You mean Cloud9 ? Yes Cloud9 uses our Addon Manager as well, but they haven't updated their installers, so it's best to install our products after Cloud9, so you don't risk downgrading the Addon Manager.

However, you had an old version of it, the current one that is online is 2.6.0.0, but to get this one, you should use a recent version of our installers, that has automatic online update when the installer starts. This should be farily obvious to note, because the installer will start by download the bglmanx*.* files at start. If you haven't seen this, it's best you download the installers again.