Author Topic: No buildings after add on manager update **SOLVED**  (Read 9746 times)

chrisjake

Re: No buildings after add on manager update
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 09:34:18 pm »
Yes, uninstall everything and reply YES to everything and remove every leftoever folder from fsdreamteam or flighbeam. And yes, the ability of being able to chose any drive or folder (compared to before, where you were *forced* to install into the sim), it's the main benefit of this new installer.

This seems to have done the trick!   All sceneries appear normal, file structure is cleaned up and everything is in one place.    Thanks for the support and a great product!

Chris

wfeld1157

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 10:32:01 pm »
Hey,

i uninstalled all airports (KLAX,KJFK,LSZH, KSFO) and GSX.

After every Airport I installed I started P3D and checked if everything is "normal".  And this was true till LSZH, after the Installation of LSZH Coutal.exe did not start anymore together with P3D.

Any clou?

Btw: LSZH was the last Airport i had to install, is it possible that there is a issiue with LSZH?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 10:51:05 pm »
It's not possible that LSZH could cause that, since the installer installs exactly the same set of files like all the others, unless (of course), you ran the the OLD installed by mistake so, in that case, I'd expect it will break everything.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:54:40 pm by virtuali »

wfeld1157

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 10:54:07 pm »
hmmm, i will redownload the LSZH installer.

but as it shows p3d v4 i thought it must be the right one.

I redownload and come back again.

wfeld1157

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »
Hey ho,

uninstalled KSFO HD, KLAX, KJFK and LSZH and GSX again and delted all folders.

This time i redownloaded LSZH from the website version 2.8 and installed it as first scenery.

Result:

Coutal.exe not starting with Simulator

Afterwards i installed GSX 2.0 and coutal.exe starts with simulator. LSZH and GSX working.

Afterwards i installed all the other airports: everything still working.

So for me it looks like a "issiue" with LSZH.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 02:22:17 am »
As I've said, it's not possible the LSZH installer could cause this since installers are created automatically from a shared set of files so, apart from the scenery itself, the install, download and configure the sim using the same code.

Of course, before posting I double checked it, and ran the Zurich installer and, to be absolutely sure, I *downloaded* the installer from the website, instead of using my local copy.

And sure enough, everything works normally. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice, without installing anything else in between, and it works just fine.

The only logical explanation I can see why it doesn't work on your system, is that you antivirus might have flagged the Zurich installer *itself*, so it blocks Couatl.exe only when it gets installed by it.

wfeld1157

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 10:43:46 am »
Hey,

ok thanks for testing.  That`s realy strange as LSZH is the only addon of all of your addons which is causing this.

I only use windows defender no other virus software installed and my Windows 10 installation is 5 days old so i also think there should not be any old things causing this.

brgds

-------

Update:

As usual umberto you are right :) I disabled windows defender and LSZH installed without problmes, seems that as you said for some reason only the LSZH installer has been classified somehow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:14:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 11:14:46 am »
As usual umberto you are right Smiley I disabled windows defender and LSZH installed without problmes, seems that as you said for some reason only the LSZH installer has been classified somehow.

That was the only possible reason I could think of...antivirus never ceased to amaze me in their creativity and ability to screw up legit product with an official Microsoft Authenticode digital signature, that we pay each year to keep it current...

wfeld1157

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 07:46:43 pm »
As usual umberto you are right Smiley I disabled windows defender and LSZH installed without problmes, seems that as you said for some reason only the LSZH installer has been classified somehow.

That was the only possible reason I could think of...antivirus never ceased to amaze me in their creativity and ability to screw up legit product with an official Microsoft Authenticode digital signature, that we pay each year to keep it current...

:-) that`s true we pay them to give us pain :)