Author Topic: installation issue  (Read 4014 times)

cosnowboarder_777

installation issue
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:32 am »
Never seen this one before. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and get this new error.
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: installation issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:05:48 pm »
Try the solution already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15746.msg113221.html#msg113221

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:57:00 pm »
Definitely did not fix the issue. It does it with every single installer. My FSX never stopped working though so I don't know if these errors change anything. Something else to note, my entire computer seems to periodically freeze as the installers are working.
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
Definitely did not fix the issue. It does it with every single installer. My FSX never stopped working though so I don't know if these errors change anything. Something else to note, my entire computer seems to periodically freeze as the installers are working.

I checked all installers, and it surely doesn't happen here, even not doing what I've suggest to do in the other thread. Fact the installers seems to freeze, might indicate a problem with the antivirus (is pausing everything to scan the files), and it might well be the cause of that error to.

- Restart Windows.

- Do again what I suggested in the other thread.

- Reinstall with the antivirus entirely disabled.

hoang

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:29:18 pm »
Hi,
I have the same problem.
Installing Flightbeam KSFO/KPHX is fine. But installing all of your products has this same issue. Restart windows, right as administrator, disable antivirus doesn't help. Can you think of another cause might trigger this?
Thank you,
Hoang Le
/I'm using Win10 64bit and have only P3D V4, no FSX or P3D V3.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:15:37 pm »
Neither of those worked for me, still get the same issues as before. The sim seems to work though. What does those files do that had the error? Can I ignore since the sim, GSX and all the airports seem to work?
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 09:25:30 pm »
Neither of those worked for me, still get the same issues as before. The sim seems to work though. What does those files do that had the error? Can I ignore since the sim, GSX and all the airports seem to work?

Have you tried again, with the updated files linked in the other thread ? Yes, you can ignore this, because it's just the Live update, won't affect the products but, it's best to be sure this this thing is sorted now.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 10:29:10 pm »
Hi Umberto, I did try the files from the other thread. Should I be doing that last after I reinstall everything?
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 10:52:31 pm »
Hi Umberto, I did try the files from the other thread. Should I be doing that last after I reinstall everything?

Just do exactly what I asked to do, in the thread linked which contains the link to the new updaters. The error won't affect the installed product in any way, so there's no need to reinstall anything, if that is the only error you have.