Author Topic: PARK ME  (Read 21089 times)

REDREPUBLIK

PARK ME
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:07:06 am »
Hi guys ....

I am an FSX user who would like to use the Park Me facility offered with the KJFK scenery.

I can’t for life of death of me get it running for some reason. I have read other posts with other problems but still no luck at all.

I am using FSX ...SP2 VISTA SP1 64 BIT ...

After I installed my KJFK Software .. it created a folder in my FSX main folder and in there are three other folders ...

KJFK
KORD
Couatl

Inside the Coualt folder are numerous files. There is also a Coualt.exe file which I have tried to self execute but it won’t even run. I have checked the task manager to see if the file is running and it seems as though there is nothing.

I defiantly cant run the file from in FSX .... when I press CTRL-SHIFT-P .. nothing happens.

Like the KJFK scenery works great .... assuring me that I have installed it correctly.

I am just at a lost ...... could some please shed some light on this for me

Kind Regards

John

Oh just to add .... I am reg in Vista as Admin and have UAC de-activated, i have never (despite Vista 64-bit) had any issues with FSX related software before that I couldnt solve myself ..... just can not get my head around this one though

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PARK ME
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:16:30 am »
Have you installed the scenery very recently, or are you just trying to have the ParkMe running on an existing installation ?

Since the installer has an automatic online update for files like the Couatl engine, you can try running the JFK installer again, and let it update the Couatl.exe file with the current version.

The Couatl executable is launched automatically by FSX, you shouldn't launch it yourself.  You can check if the installer has correctly updated your EXE.XML to have it automatically launched, by checking the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML file, and see if Couatl.exe has been added to it.

When FSX starts, you should have seen a request to trust it. Have you seen such request ? Have you trusted it ? Because if you haven't, or you decided not to trust it by mistake, Windows will never alllow to launch it again.

You can "clear" the list of trusted programs by editing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, removing ALL the lines that contains a Couatl.exe reference (the whole line), then saving the file and launching FSX again, you should get such trust request.

Again, do this using the current version of Couatl (update it online by running the installer again) and, if you are not sure, just download the whole JFK installer now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:18:03 am by virtuali »

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:36:33 am »
Many thanks for your prompt reply ....

I have the software since October ....... Just never got arouud to sorting the issue, I presumed it was something I was doing wrong. And over the weekend I have been to sort it out

Anyway .. will try what you advised and report back ... many thanks again for your prompt response

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:15:39 am »
Hi Virtuali

Re downloaded and re-activated my KJFK scenery.

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML - This is what that says

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

As with the trysted software - %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bnotzonirnwqetnqririuuiazthbroahzuiraiol=1

Couatl is in there ......... I delated it as you said, saved the file and ran FSX again .... this time it does not prompt me to trust couatl ... it automatically does it and re-adds it to the trusted list

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bnotzonirnwqetnqririuuiazthbroahzuiraiol=1.

Still I cant get it too run ...... not in FSX and not in Task Manager either ....

Have you any other suggestions please

Regards

Red

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:39:41 am »
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML - This is what that says

EXE.XML it's all fine.

Couatl is in there ......... I delated it as you said, saved the file and ran FSX again .... this time it does not prompt me to trust couatl ... it automatically does it and re-adds it to the trusted list

This should happen only if you trusted anything coming from Virtuali s.a.s. Do you remember doing something like this ?

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:10:26 pm »
This should happen only if you trusted anything coming from Virtuali s.a.s. Do you remember doing something like this ?

Originally ..... I cant remember, I presume I did, almost certain I did. Anyway I deleted it as I said and when I ran FSX  it reappeared without me reloading the software or me getting prompted to trust again so I assume I did except it as a trusted software

When I re-installed KJFK (Yesterday) ...... Yes I did except to trust the software again .... Still I could not get it to work when FSX was running ....

I then deleted Coualt from trusted software again .. rebooted FSX and it appeared again ..

So as far as I am aware ... I am doing everything needed ... I mean its not that hard BUT for some reason it will not run when FSX is loaded ... Still nothing in the Task Manager indicating that Coualt is running in the background.

This statement may be irrelevant but I have every other piece of Software FSX related working fine in Vista 64-bit now except for this ...

Its more irritating at this stage ..... Just can’t figure out what to do

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 01:06:40 pm »
Anyway I deleted it as I said and when I ran FSX  it reappeared without me reloading the software or me getting prompted to trust again so I assume I did except it as a trusted software

No, if you deleted it from FSX.CFG, that would only change how FSX *asks* to Windows about a software being trusted or not. However, the "trusted publiser" is in Windows so, if you have trusted a publisher in Windows, FSX will never ask again for any software that is signed with the same digital signature.

To "untrust" a publisher even in Windows, you need to go into Internet Explorer, select "Tools", select "Internet Options", select "Content", select "Authors", and see if you have Virtuali s.a.s. as a the trusted authors and, eventually, remove it, and notice if it now asks for permissions again.

If it doesn't, even with the publisher not being automatically trusted, that would be useful to know anyway, because it might be an entirely different issue.

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 05:12:10 pm »
Right ...

Sorry I get what you mean now  ;D

Right deleted it from the Internet Explorer options ..... it was in there along with Aerosoft and Brian York and the likes.

Restarted FSX and it did not prompt me to trust any software.

So I gather I should reinstall the software again (KJFK) and see what happens ...

On a note of reinstalling ..... do I need to remove KJFK from my hard drive altogether.

Then re-activate with my activation code.

Appreciate the help so far and my apologies this seems to be dragging on

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 05:45:11 pm »
On a note of reinstalling ..... do I need to remove KJFK from my hard drive altogether. Then re-activate with my activation code.

Yes, it might be better if you always uninstall before reinstalling. If you remove the Couatl engine at the end, if you have other products using it (right now, it's XPOI and Geneva), you need to reinstall all of them as well.

However, by uninstalling, you NEVER lose your activation. The activation is stored in the registry, and it's never removed when uninstalling. The only time you need to reactivate the scenery, is when you reinstall Windows from scratch.

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »
Great

I only have KORD and KJFK .... will uninstall and report back with update ....... so dont need to re-install KORD

Fingers crossed

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »
Virtuali

I uninstalled KJFK ........ Checked my FSX folder and KJFK was gone from my fsdreamteam foler along with Couatl.

All going well ....

I re-installed KJFK ....... Checked my FSX folder and KJFK was there  with Couatl in my fsdreamteam.

Started FSX and and it started to update scenery (as per norm when new scenery is added) and then it prompted me to approve coualti. I said yes .....

But when FSX loaded and loaded up KJFK ... niether CTRL+SHFT+P PR CTRL+F12 does nothing .... I rechecked my task manager and the only application running was FSX (no Couatl).

I also checked my %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Although there is two types there this time ... dont know if thats significant

.exe and  .exe_before_addon_manager.xml

I also checked %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bnotzonirnwqetnqririuuiazthbroahzuiraiol=1

So everythin seems the same as before the re-install except

When I  go into Internet Explorer, select "Tools", select "Internet Options", select "Content", select "Authors", and see if  Virtuali s.a.s. is a trusted authors.

Its not there ........ Just the same three that were there when I deleated it last time before re-install.

I 100% excepted Couatl as a trusted software when it requested it after re-install.

I think for some reson when FSX starts ... and I load Kennedy up .. it is not starting Coualt ... everything works bar that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 06:45:13 pm »
Alright, I think it's nothing related to trusted software.

You can try this one:

open notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

Code: [Select]
logFile=couatl.log

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Run FSX, go to JFK, then quit FSX after the whole airport has loaded. Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:08:38 pm »
Virtuali,

It worked ....... Don’t ask me how but I tried it again by the off chance and it worked.

I hadn’t started the engines since re-installing ..... when I did it worked (not sure if that is coincidental or not)

But before you think I had wasted your time I certainty had engines running before re-install  ;D

Many thanks for your patience .... really appreciate the excellent after sales service

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 11:37:58 pm »
Well, good to hear it finally worked.

No, I don't think the engines could make any difference, it might just be a coincidence. But sometimes FSX doesn't run a newly trusted module on the first try, so it might be related to this.

REDREPUBLIK

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:00 am »
Virtuali

I am back  ???

It worked for a second then I get this error message

Runtime Error

Program:\C Program Files (86)\Microsoft Games....

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information

I found out how to get it to work ... if I start FSX it does not activate by running CTRL-SHIFT-P

I have to go to the folder FSX/FSDREAMTEAM/COUATL ... inside that folder the file you asked me to create (couatl.ini) ... well if I drag that over the coualt.exe file then go back to FSX and press CTRL-SHIFT-P .... it allows the menu to pop up.

Actually if I drag any file over the coualt.exe when JFK is open it allows me to select the menu CTRL-SHIFT-P

Then I select a get ... get a scrolling message saying gate is open then the runtime error

This is the version I am running

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86).

Sorry to be a nousance ... though it was resolved