Author Topic: P3D v4 crash on Scenery Library  (Read 9401 times)

normandean

Re: P3D v4 crash on Scenery Library
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 02:53:37 pm »
I was the other contributor on the P3D v4 forum with this problem. I confirm what has been said above, with some modification. My findings are that if I allow the FSDT live update to run then when I try to amend the scenery library from within the sim I get a crash when it reloads. However, if I do not use the updater, but manually add all the FSDT sceneries then I do not get a problem and can amend the scenery library any way I like from within the sim. Using the updater again reverts me back to the sim crashing after any amendment to the library.

Norman

Edit: Just tried a further test after reading all the comments above. With FSDT sceneries (12) loaded manually I could then load over 40 over sceneries into the library and there wasn't a problem. However, with the FSDT sceneries loaded using the updater I could not add another scenery to the library without P3D v4 crashing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:12:31 pm by normandean »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:56 pm »
The FSDT Live Update DOES NOT touch any of the files related to the scenery library and it won't change any of the files in the sim. It will ONLY update whatever FSDT files you already have installed so, I don't see how it's possible that running or not the Live Update would make any difference to your ability to edit the scenery library.

This, assuming your report that "just" using the Live Update will cause this. However, your reference to "manually add all the FSDT sceneries" seems you really meant something different, as if you manually added the sceneries using the old method, which adds the sceneries to the scenery.cfg rather then using the add-on.xml method so, rather than Live Update, maybe you meant the new installers which use the new method.

However, be careful with "manually adding" because, the installer obviously add the areas already correctly so, if you added them to the scenery.cfg too, you might introduce a conflict this way.

Ifikratis

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »
Hi umberto,

I am little confused with normandean's report. So, that means that the add-on.xml entries can't be more than 12? But if we add the sceneries the old way, there is no problem?

normandean

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »
Sorry for confusion Umberto, I did make an error saying the updater, I meant the installer. I know that manually inserting into the library could create a problem of its own, so I removed all the add-on.xml files first.

I am not saying that there is any limit on the number of files inserted allowing the installer to install the add-on.xml files, there seems to be a problem no matter how many I have in the scenery.cfg. What I am saying is that if the entries in the cfg file are made manually without reference to the add-on.xml files then there isn't a problem.

Norman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 05:13:37 pm »
Sure, I also think it's only a matter of many areas has been added with the add-on.xml file. And yes, I can see the crash too, so I reported it to LM, on their developers forum.