Author Topic: So confused..  (Read 2248 times)

Locarno1

So confused..
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:58:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

I understand that the installation procedure is slightly different on sceneries now. I've just installed KLAX into both V3 and V4 but the scenery entry is greyed out. Does this mean I can't deactivate the scenery to save VAS? I also have not installed Flightbeam KSFO and KPHX but it's put it in my Scenery library.. Obviously there are no Scenery or Texture folders but as I haven't installed those sceneries yet.

Could you just give a very basic overview as to how this works. I do not want my sceneries installed on my C: drive and understand that you don't have to do that. I have installed KLAX onto my E: drive and my Prepar 3D V3 and V4 installations are on my D: and G: Drive respectively.

Hope you can make some sense.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: So confused..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:52:54 pm »
Does this mean I can't deactivate the scenery to save VAS?

As explained so many times on the forum, it's totally useless deactivating FSDT or Flightbeam sceneries just to save VAS, it's a complete waste of time and effort, because the Addon Manager already does custom memory management for such sceneries, by removing all objects created at the airport, the moment you exit from its area, about 15.0 NM out.

I also have not installed Flightbeam KSFO and KPHX but it's put it in my Scenery library.. Obviously there are no Scenery or Texture folders but as I haven't installed those sceneries yet.

The installation has moved all the sceneries it found to be installed. So, if you see those sceneries there, it means they were already installed. Maybe you removed the files, but left their folders empty ?

I do not want my sceneries installed on my C: drive and understand that you don't have to do that. I have installed KLAX onto my E: drive and my Prepar 3D V3 and V4 installations are on my D: and G: Drive respectively.

You are really making it more complex than it is. It's just so simple: you can now install whenever you want, it doesn't matter where the sim is installed.