Author Topic: Error after latest update **SOLVED**  (Read 2822 times)

DrJ1

Error after latest update **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:56:47 pm »
I am receiving this error after the latest add on manager update.  I am using FSX Acceleration.   I installed with ant-virus off and FSX and add on manager files are excluded from the anti-virus scans.   If I click "yes" to run the software anyway, FSX closes immediately.  If I click "no" FSX will start, but of course no FSDT scenery works.   Any suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:43:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error after latest update
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:00:10 pm »

DrJ1

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »
Good deal Umberto.  That worked.  Thank you kindly Sir.   Just curious.... any idea why this all of a sudden happens or is it just one of the wonderful mysteries of the Windows operating system?   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 04:03:44 pm »
Good deal Umberto.  That worked.  Thank you kindly Sir.   Just curious.... any idea why this all of a sudden happens or is it just one of the wonderful mysteries of the Windows operating system?   

Yes, it's Windows that, on his own, decides that a program needs that flag for compatibility reasons. The issue is, unless you know that registry key, it's not possible to know from the Properties tab of the executable. You can even set to run As Administrator there (in the registry), and it won't appear in the program properties! It's very confusing, and some times I also forget about it.

SODE, for example, as a menu option to clear that flag.

DrJ1

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
Very odd indeed.  Thanks again for the outstanding customer support!