Author Topic: Installer Challenges **SOLVED**  (Read 2146 times)

keino333

Installer Challenges **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »
Ok...
I initially added to a post in the KCLT forum thinking that the issue for me was stemming from a busted scenery.cfg file due to the FSDT update.  Learning know that the issue has fallen far deeper than that. 
I shared that I have over 630 addon scenery in my library and that I was having issues with restarting P3d v3.4.9 after the FSDT migration.  I was then advised that I needed to have the latest version of P3dv3.xxx installed.  So I executed, after uninstalling all FSDT scenery/programs i.e. GSX and FB and installed the p3dv3.4.22.  I started again to install FSDT and even with the fresh install the v3.4.22 splash screen would crash/vanish. The programs that ordinary launched with P3dv3.4 failed to execute as if the FSDT installers had been preventing them.  Now, bear in mind all was working swell before the migration and suitably with all other P3dv3 applications installed such as AS16, Chase Plane and Ultimate Traffic Live. 

At this point I'm beyond comprehension and very frustrations. I've been very patient and cordial about this but not feeling like a solid solution has been forthcoming.   Exclusion has been made within AVs (kaspersky) to ignore the installers etc.  I now sit here with 19 scenery  ($522) I can't access in P3dv3.4.22. 
It does however work with P3dv4 but for now...and before the aforementioned programs catch up with their updates...then what.  How is it that its only FSDT?  seriously, what is happen that so many of us are grieving at the installation process? I can't help to think that this is got to be a major shareholder discussion.

This is unacceptable.
Has this been tested with any of the aforementioned programs?  Seriously what gives..........????????????

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:17:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer Challenges
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »
Nothing in the new FSDT installer can have cause any problems with your already installed products.

In fact, the major advantage of this new installation system (which is the officially supported one), it's precisely that, we now our own private configuration files, and we DO NOT have to touch ANY of the core Prepar3d configuration files anymore.

So, this system is inherently safer than the previous one so, whatever happened to you other addons, it surely hasn't been caused by our installer.

UNLESS, one of your configuration files (like the scenery.cfg, the DLL.XML, or the EXE.XML or the Prepar3d.cfg ) was ALREADY corrupted or with a syntax error BEFORE you started the installer.

Because, even if we won't ever need to interact with these files anymore in the future, the migration process had to *remove* all our stuff from such files. Which of course, is no different than we already did we you Uninstalled any of our products so, if you had a problem with your existing files (not legal XML, not legal .CFG, etc.) they might have caused this problem, same as if you were uninstalling normally.

But of course, is not possible to say for sure, without checking your system. I'm available for a Teamviewer session, if you want, and I can fix this in 5 minutes. PM-me to arrange this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer Challenges **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:18:36 pm »
I just ended the Teamviewer session with keino333 and the problem was fixed and, of course, it wasn't a problem of the Addon Manager (it never is), but Windows that decided to set automatically a registry key in the App Compatibility area of the registry, that doesn't appear in the "Compatibility" tab of the sim.

It's an error that appears randomly for many 3rd party modules, for example here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1523

Of course, in your case, the key will contain  $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<bglmanx.dll>, but the solution doesn't change:

Remove the key related to Prepar3D.EXE or FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers key location of REGEDIT.