Author Topic: Disabling certain airports?  (Read 2654 times)

FS98FSX

Disabling certain airports?
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:13:49 am »
http://i.imgur.com/wbkCzhr.png

Why is it that I can't uncheck these airports? I want to uncheck them, so when I fly to a different airport, these airports are not taking up important VAS that I need. =/ If I fly to one of your airports, then I will check the box, but I don't want this, how do I fix this?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:43:47 pm by virtuali »

cowings1588

Re: Disabling certain airports?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:03:08 am »
Its in a whole different folder outside of P3D V3.. I know the feeling but the thing is once we move to V4 it won't matter anymore because there will be no more OOM but for those of us waiting the weeks for airplanes to merge over as well as everything else.. would be nice to have a way to turn them off because in V3 it still matters..  :)
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »
Why is it that I can't uncheck these airports? I want to uncheck them, so when I fly to a different airport, these airports are not taking up important VAS that I need. =/ If I fly to one of your airports, then I will check the box, but I don't want this, how do I fix this?

You can disable them from the Options->Add-ons menu but, as explained so many times on the forum, while this might be necessary for any other scenery out there, FSDT/Flightbeam airports, which used the Addon Manager, do their own memory management, which means every objects that is being created *only* when you are approaching the airport, usual about 15 NM out, will be destroyed and the memory reclaimed, as soon as you exit from that area so, disabling them "to save VAS", is just a wast of your time and effort.

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:31:29 pm »
Ok, sounds good.. 
COA
Bill