Author Topic: No buildings after add on manager update **SOLVED**  (Read 9758 times)

chrisjake

No buildings after add on manager update **SOLVED**
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:30 pm »
Well, I'm having a problem after purchasing CYVR and having the addon manager do its thing.    I'm going to try to be detailed in my description, yet not go on and on...

I'm using FSX with SP2 on a Win7 machine.    I already own all the Flightbeam airports along with LAX / ORD / FLL / LAS and all the Hawaii packages.   All worked perfectly.   I decided to take advantage of the sale and purchased YVR and once I installed that and let the addon manager do its thing, I have no buildings at any of the airports.   I have jetways, AI, ground textures - no structures.   I also noticed that the addon manager tells me the scenery that I have IS installed, but in a TRIAL version only.   I tried to re-enter the registration keys, and nothing happens.   I also tried to reinstall from the addon manager in FS and again - nothing happens.   I saw that it was mentioned to try downloading the addon manager stand alone and try that, so I did and again, no buildings.

I re-downloaded the individual installers and tried to reinstall a couple of airports that way - no change, still no buildings.   I checked my scenery.cfg file and everything is pointed in the right place for both Flightbeam and FSDT sceneries.   I saw in the forum that someone suggested completely uninstalling the scenery and re-installing completely fresh.   I wanted to post this to see if there was another way to fix this, before going through that.

Any ideas?

edit:  I just saw this in another thread about the same problem -->   "We found a problem, it was an issue with the Live Updater, which in some cases didn't always download all the required files. The fix is online now so, anybody installing anything will get the updated Updater, without requiring to download the full scenery installer."   

If I need to retry this, should I just re download CYVR and try again?

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:14:51 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings after add on manager update
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:00:54 pm »
If I need to retry this, should I just re download CYVR and try again?

There's an FSDT Live Update on your Desktop, try that first.

chrisjake

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:31:56 am »
Just ran the Live Update again and have the same problem.   No buildings.   I also have some annoying pauses at each scenery.

chrisjake

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:44:49 am »
Update:

I re-downloaded the stand alone addon manager, reinstalled it, and reran it.   I noticed it ran faster this time, with less loading/installing messages.   When I fired up FSX I got all the "Activate CYVR" messages this time since I just purchased it and had not seen these yet.   Also, in the addons drop down in FSX, Couatl is now listed.   It was not there previously and I didn't realize it was missing.  Plus, the addon manager no longer has the scenery listed as trial version, everything appears registered now.    Good news, right?    Well, I checked both FSDT and FB sceneries and still no buildings.  (sigh)

If this helps pinpoint the issue.....I noticed at Flightbeam's KIAD, while the main terminal and cargo buildings are missing, the aviation museum located off the end of runway 1R is there.   I've attached 2 screenshots showing the missing buildings at KIAD and the museum

It seems that everything is in place - except the airport buildings.    
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:09:10 am by chrisjake »

wfeld1157

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 08:09:58 am »
I had the same issiue.

For me the problem was that coutal.exe has not been added to the EXE.XML in Users\....\Roaming\LockheedMartin Folder.

After i added the coutal.exe entry manually to the exe.xml everything works perfect.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:11:43 am by wfeld1157 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »
I had the same issiue.

For me the problem was that coutal.exe has not been added to the EXE.XML in Users\....\Roaming\LockheedMartin Folder.

After i added the coutal.exe entry manually to the exe.xml everything works perfect.

Which version of P3D are you referring to ? Under P3D 3.3 and above, the EXE.XML should NOT be used. Instead, if will be started from the add-on.xml file located in the Documents\ folder.

chrisjake

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 04:45:06 pm »
I ended up trying what a few people in other threads tried.   Using the control panel, I uninstalled all of my FSDT and FB sceneries and reinstalled them using their latest installers.   When running the installers I noticed that they now installed everything into the fsdreamteamAddon Manager folder and NOT the fsdreamteam folder like they had before.   All buildings are now there and everything appears to be working!

How is the scenery.cfg file used for these sceneries?    All of the scenery I just reinstalled when into the Addon Manager folder, yet I still see scenery listed under the original fsdreamteam folder, which I thought would be empty after uninstalling the old.   When looking at the scenery.cfg, I see that some are pointing to the addon manager folder (YVR, LAS, FLL, PHKO) while some (DEN, SFO, PHX, IAD, ORD, LAX, HNL, etc) still point to the fsdreamteam folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 05:41:32 pm »
I ended up trying what a few people in other threads tried.   Using the control panel, I uninstalled all of my FSDT and FB sceneries and reinstalled them using their latest installers.   When running the installers I noticed that they now installed everything into the fsdreamteamAddon Manager folder and NOT the fsdreamteam folder like they had before.   All buildings are now there and everything appears to be working!

I think your mistake was that, when the installer asked your for a destination folder, you thought it wanted to know where FSX is installed. That's not what the installer window said, it said you should indicate where you want to install the products, plain and simple, with the same default proposed location as any other Windows program out there, under C:\Program Files\Addon Manager.

If you have enough space on C:\ the default is a perfectly fine location to use. The only case where you might want to change it, is if you are low on available space on C:\, so you might want to use a separate drive, for example D:\Addon Manager

To clean up the mess, I suggest doing this:

- Uninstall every FSDT/Flightbeam scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- REMOVE any leftover folder inside the FSX folder.

- Reinstall and accept the default location, if you have enough space on C:, otherwise install elsewhere, not in the sim.

chrisjake

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »
Yeah, I had previously installed all the scenery in D:\FSX\Flightbeam or fsdreamteam so when I installed YVR I just picked where I installed everything before without knowing there was a major move about to take place.     I'll uninstall everything and remove all folders from FSX.    I recall that it also asks me if I want to remove Couatl, should I remove that also when uninstalling?    I'll start up FSX and let it do its thing w/o any FSDT or FB scenery, then reinstall everything.   My C: is limited, most things are installed on my D:, including FSX, so I'll reinstall everything in D: but NOT in D:\FSX.   

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 06:13:28 pm »
Yes, uninstall everything and reply YES to everything and remove every leftoever folder from fsdreamteam or flighbeam. And yes, the ability of being able to chose any drive or folder (compared to before, where you were *forced* to install into the sim), it's the main benefit of this new installer.

wfeld1157

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 07:21:28 pm »
I had the same issiue.

Which version of P3D are you referring to ? Under P3D 3.3 and above, the EXE.XML should NOT be used. Instead, if will be started from the add-on.xml file located in the Documents\ folder.

Hey to P3D V4 tahts correct, but for me it only works when i add the line to exe.xml otherwise no buildings i tried two times complett uninstall and install.  since i added the line to exe.xml everything fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 07:24:52 pm »
Hey to P3D V4 tahts correct, but for me it only works when i add the line to exe.xml otherwise no buildings i tried two times complett uninstall and install.  since i added the line to exe.xml everything fine.

I'm sorry, but this shouldn't simply happen. What other 3rd party addons you have in the XML files ?

wfeld1157

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 07:34:38 pm »
The only other one is Ultimate Traffic Live.

Should i install the addons in a special way?  Like KJFK, LSZH, KLAX and then GSX ?

brgds

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 07:37:01 pm »
There's no special way to install, just run the latest installers.

wfeld1157

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 07:41:27 pm »
Ok i will retry it tommorow and report back.