Author Topic: Install issue  (Read 4236 times)

Flukey

Install issue
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:09:34 am »
Hi Fsdreamteam

Last night I downloaded the new KLAS installer, gsx installer and the addon manager installer. (I use FSX acceleration)

Ran the KLAS one first which had asked for the files to go into A C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, I rejected this directory and sent the installer to E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam instead.

This drive is where my flightsim is installed and prefer to keep it separate from my C drive.

The installer then seemed to move all my current scenery's for FSDT and flightbeam to this directory https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8h5iz7i6d2251r/FSDT%20Folders.jpg?dl=0

I then repeated this process for GSX (including doing as asked for SODE) and the addonmanager exe files (this time they directed their installers to E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam)

Started FSX, agreed to all the pop ups went to KLAS and I had nothing but the airport ground polys and aerobridges (no terminals and buildings), I then went to the drop down menu to restart couatl but this and GSX no longer show up in the drop down menu. I clicked on the addon manager which had none of the scenery's I own registered, i clicked on the register button add my code and nothing..

I went and checked all my other FSDT and Flightbeam scenery's and same only ground poly and aerobridges, no terminals or buildings, and none are registered.
I went to scenery library clicked on edit for these airports to see their location yet they show in the new directory so they definitely have the correct path

Did I do something wrong in my install? how can I fix this or do I need to uninstall all FSDT and Flightbem scenery's and start again (with the new installers)?

Regards
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:12:37 am by Flukey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install issue
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:14:41 am »
Do you have both the Addon manager menu and the Couatl menu under the Addons menu ?

Flukey

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:25:42 am »
no only addon manager in that drop down section

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:03 am »
Try to add the whole E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder to your antivirus exclusion list, and try reinstalling again.

Flukey

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 09:08:33 am »
Ok none of the above worked..

What I did was uninstall KLAS, GSX2.0 and the addonmanager again then on the reinstall rather then send them to the root FSX folder I put them (still on my E drive) into an addon manager folder as the installer requested outside of FSX, E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager and KLAS now works fine from what I can tell.

My only concern now is when I went to another airport KSFOHD from flightbeam and then KLAX and Im getting FSX lockups where everything freezes but still no buildings are showing even after a couatl restart,
I'll try the new installers for these airports to see if that helps but how does one fix flightbeam stuff?

Regards

Flukey

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 09:13:54 am »
So from what I can tell KLAS , couatl and other folders were installed to E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager and KLAS works fine

Everything else (my other scenery's) are in E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\FSdreamteam or E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\Flightbeam and wasn't moved with the installer is this why I am having issues as advised above for KSFO and KLAX as 2 examples?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:16:49 am by Flukey »

Flukey

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 10:46:12 am »
Ok so what I have had to do is:

Uninstall all previous FSDT and Flightbeam scenery's
Go into flightsim itself and via the scenery library remove the entries that remain
Once that is done I can delete the fsdreamteam and flightbeam folders I originally created under the new installer
Download all the new installers from FSDT and Flightbeam and reinstall all again

For those that have AES it will pick up the new install locations just make sure you hit yes to disable the errors from the old installs.

What a pain but all seems to be working again (well on initial inspection)

Haven't tried my QW757 yet but will check that once scenery is sorted.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:03:56 am by Flukey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 01:19:06 pm »
There wasn't any need to uninstall everything and reinstall everything.

We found a problem with the Live Updater, that in some cases didn't update *all* required files. The fix is online now, so you should download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to get the new updater, and this should fix everything, provided you haven't removed anything manually from the Addon Manager folder.

Flukey

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 01:30:59 pm »
No I already removed all previous versions of the fsdt and flightbeam scenery's downloaded the new installers and (re)installed them to the addon manager folder and all works now..

Thanks for the heads up but I had already fixed it myself before this was updated as you mentioned.