Author Topic: FSDT in E: drive, do I have to install new for P3D4?  (Read 2412 times)

kenthom

FSDT in E: drive, do I have to install new for P3D4?
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:43:38 am »
I purchased KCLT and migrated all FSDT and Flightbeam into my secondary E: drive.  I had to download each airport separately and then install the download manager each time to get them to work.  My question; since they are in a different drive can I point P3D4 at them in the scenery library or do I have to download each into P3D 4?  Hope that makes sense. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT in E: drive, do I have to install new for P3D4?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:08:57 am »
I had to download each airport separately and then install the download manager each time to get them to work

If with "download manager", you mean the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, it's totally unnecessary, since the current scenery installers will do everything needed. The only case where you must run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, is if you, AFTER having migrated a scenery, install another one using an OLD installer so, in that case, you should either download the new scenery installer, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and only once, after installing a product using an old installer.

My question; since they are in a different drive can I point P3D4 at them in the scenery library or do I have to download each into P3D 4?  Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you had P3D V4 installed when you run the scenery installers AND you had Prepar3D v4 checked in the installer options, the sceneries will surely work in it, without doing anything, regardless of the drive you installed into.

kenthom

Re: FSDT in E: drive, do I have to install new for P3D4?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:35:48 am »
I have most of my airport addons on my E: secondary drive and want to continue that with V4.  Is it necessary to remove all of them and start the installation process again?   I understand that addons go into the V4 Documents and that the Documents can be moved to a secondary drive.   

Thanks for the assistance.  Just trying to make it as easy as possible.