Author Topic: Confusion about updated KLAS installtion location  (Read 3224 times)

conchulio

Confusion about updated KLAS installtion location
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:56:52 am »
Hello,

i own the old KLAS and wanted to update is. All my FSDT airports are located within the P3D V3 folder and i thought once i start the new installer, it would automatically locate the approriate location (for P3D V3). However, it suggests to install it into /Program files(X86)/Addonmanager.

Where am I supposed to install it? Shall i manually redirect the installer towards the main P3D V3 folder?

Thank you for any help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confusion about updated KLAS installtion location
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:26:29 pm »
If you have enough space on the C: drive, then yes, the default choice is correct. The whole main advantage of the new installer, which has been requested by user for years, is that now you can freely select the installation folder as you like,  without being forced to install into the sim like it used to be.

In fact, it would be best if you DO NOT install into the sim, so you'll be able (at least on P3D 3 and 4), to reinstall the sim entirely, without having to reinstall all the FSDT sceneries, which is the main advantage of the new installation system, which is the one officially suggested by LM.

conchulio

Re: Confusion about updated KLAS installtion location
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »
ok thank you umberto for the clarification. I will install it then on the same drive where my P3D V3 is located but outside of the sim, i.e. creating a new folder dedicated for FSDT.