Author Topic: Save MSFS  (Read 5525 times)

Flightkid

Save MSFS
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:44:13 pm »
Save MSFS from extinction, petition now!

www.supportflightsim.com

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Save MSFS
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 05:27:14 am »
People who sign that are beating a dead horse, Microsoft has already decided the fate of flight simulator.  :'(
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Intrepid

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:49 pm »
People who sign that are beating a dead horse, Microsoft has already decided the fate of flight simulator.  :'(

I am afraid Flightkid I have to concur with Bruce's post, MS doesn't give a rats ass
They wont change a thing >:( (shortsightedness) 
Fortunately there is still an incredible amount of life left in FSX and with plenty of developers separate from MS willing to support the platform. I am sure we will have a respectable simming platform for quite some time.
That will give others some time and room to develop this hobby in directions MS would never have gone,,,its going to be interesting, that's for sure ::)
Randy

Flightkid

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:47:14 am »
Ya I guess you guys are right, but it was worth a try.

p.s. sorry I posted it in here I should of posted in general discussion

Orion

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:52:07 am »

I am afraid Flightkid I have to concur with Bruce's post, MS doesn't give a rats ass
They wont change a thing >:( (shortsightedness) 
Fortunately there is still an incredible amount of life left in FSX and with plenty of developers separate from MS willing to support the platform. I am sure we will have a respectable simming platform for quite some time.
That will give others some time and room to develop this hobby in directions MS would never have gone,,,its going to be interesting, that's for sure ::)
Randy
Yep, and here's an example of something never done before: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1534 (FSX Acceleration Multiplayer Carrier Ops).  Sorry, I had to do that :P

Intrepid

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:26:27 am »
No need to apologize for the plug Orion ;) It just proves my point, Just look back at all the posts that people who subscribe to this site/forum have added to to make our passion better,and for no monetary gain at that
Way too many to list actually (would Microsoft do any of this for the pleasure, I think not)
I do have to thank Virtuali for all his assistance since this site opened up. I do believe we will reap the benefits and see MANY more ,and varied destinations (ones that MS never would have visited) to be seen within our hobby if MS steps aside
And as a side to the above I have really enjoyed your addition (The Carrier opps) 8)
Thanks
Randy