Author Topic: SODE will not uninstall **SOLVED**  (Read 3751 times)

Cfoley

SODE will not uninstall **SOLVED**
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:21:40 am »
I received an email for FSDreamTeam on the last KLAS updates.  I went ahead and installed the latest KLAS, but GSX disappeared.  I did the Full Installer, but would get the message that SODE 1.4.2. is outdated and needs to be uninstalled first.  I went into my control panel and found SODE, but when I try and uninstall,  I get the following pop up message. (See image).  This is the only method I know of on uninstalling a program and this is the only SODE file in my Control Panel.   So right now I cannot even install GSX.  Am I missing a step?

Cfoley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:01:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE will not uninstall
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 02:23:03 am »
Try to reinstall SODE 1.4.2 and they Uninstall it.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:38:26 am »
I tried to reinstall, but get the following pop up message.  I also checked the SODE SimObject Display Engine website and it lists SODE 1.4.2. as the latest.  Nothing for 1.5.0.  But I went ahead and installed SODE 1.4.2, but I get the same results.  I also uninstalled SODE from their website and then reinstalled, but no results.   I am still unable to unintall SODE from my download files and unable to install GSX.   I don't know what else to do to fix this.  I forgot to mention in my first post I use FSX.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:39:40 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 03:47:48 am »
My suggestion to reinstall the 1.4.2 was because, from your first post, it seemed your existing 1.4.2 version install had an issue which prevented the proper uninstall, and this should have fixed by reinstalling the 1.4.2 version and they Uninstalling it again, so the GSX installer could proceed.

Right now, the SODE website hasn't been updated yet, so the only place you can find version 1.5.0, is in the GSX installer.

Are you SURE your installed version that couldn't be uninstalled was 1.4.2 and not, for example, 1.5.0 already, which WAS successfully installed by GSX after all ?

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:59:30 am »
Umberto,

I found out where I messed up.  I tried uninstalling from my download files under "SODE", where it was not working.  I was looking under "SODE", not "SimObjects" which I realized.   I found SimObjects in my program files and uninstalled.  I then reinstalled GSX and it worked this time.  I loaded FSX and GSX is listed.  Just to make sure,  I loaded an airport and requested GSX services and the vehicles showed up.   Thanks for your help!

Cfoley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:02:37 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 04:03:14 am »
Yes, SODE stands for SimObjects Display Engine.