Author Topic: Unable to install SODE with new installers for P3D v4 help  (Read 17233 times)

dornier

Hi,

I tried installing GSX with the new installer as of today 5-30-17 and it couldn't install SODE.  First it had me uninstall version 1.4.2, which I did.  I tried to install GSX and when it got to the SODE install it just sat there for at least 15 minutes and the progress bar only went up to about 1/4 and stopped.  I ended the SODE task and GSX finished installing.  My question is, how do I fix this?  Where can I download the P3D v4 compatible version?  Otherwise do I attempt another install after rebooting?

Thanks,

George

flightwatch

Re: Unable to install SODE with new installers for P3D v4 help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:18:24 am »
Piggybacking on dornier's post, I too am having difficulties with the new installer.  It told me to uninstall SODE v1.4.2 because it was outdated (even though SODE v1.4.2 seems to be the latest version.)  I did so, but it is still telling me to uninstall it.  I used the program's uninstaller to uninstall it, so it would have been uninstalled correctly.

ponteeman

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:22:43 am »
I too am experiencing the same issue. I uninstalled the previous version properly, and now getting the same message.

Last2Night

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:23:52 am »
Where did you download a P3Dv4 compatible installer from?

PAWZinMICH

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 05:25:39 am »
I'm having the same issue in FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 05:33:50 am »
SODE 1.4.2 is NOT the latest version of SODE so, GSX is correct saying your 1.4.2 is outdated, because it is.

The latest version of SODE is 1.5.0, and it's included with the new GSX installer so, if you do as the installer says, and Uninstall SODE 1.4.2, it will install the 1.5.0 version without having to download it separately.

The GSX installer checks the SODE version in the registry so, if you have Uninstalled it properly, the registry should have been cleared so, if you are still seeing that message, it seems something went wrong Uninstalling SODE, so the old registry key for 1.4.2 is still there.

The SODE registry keys might be located here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\12bPilot\SimObject Display Engine\Version
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\12bPilot\SimObject Display Engine\Version

Be sure that both of them are empty, after Uninstalling the existing SODE. If not, remove the Version key.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:43:49 am by virtuali »

dornier

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 05:53:27 am »
Hi,

So I looked at the registry and it shows 1.5.0.  Under version it shows 1.3.0.  I also noticed that 1.5.0 and 1.3.0 is in the uninstall option in Windows 10.  I'm still running FSX:SE, do I need to have 1.3.0 installed?  Since 1.5.0 is installed, how do I run it to register it?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:57:10 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:53 am »
So, your issue was that you still had 1.3.0 installed. There's no reason to keep 1.3.0 installed, the 1.5.0 version supports all versions of FSX and P3D

dornier

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 06:20:16 am »
Ok, I will uninstall both and try to reinstall GSX again.  Thanks, George

Last2Night

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:30:36 am »
My question was ignored... where do i download P3Dv4 compatible GSX installer? The website still has old version "Last updated 19-apr-17".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 06:32:04 am »
My question was ignored... where do i download P3Dv4 compatible GSX installer? The website still has old version "Last updated 19-apr-17".

Please re-read again, carefully, my previous post, which answered your question entirely. I'll quote again the relevant part here:

The latest version of SODE is 1.5.0, and it's included with the new GSX installer so, if you do as the installer says, and Uninstall SODE 1.4.2, it will install the 1.5.0 version without having to download it separately.

Last2Night

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 06:36:11 am »
Define "New". Last updated 19-apr-17 - is not new, its 1.5 months old, its May the 30th today. Be more precise please because the website download section has nothing that says "P3Dv4 compatible".

So, is "Last updated 19-apr-17" the installer i should be using for P3Dv4 or is there another link, if there is then please provide me with it. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 06:58:42 am »
You stil haven't read my reply. I'll quote it, again:

There's nothing to download, the SODE installer is INSIDE the GSX installer, the only thing you must do, is exactly what the GSX installer is telling you: Uninstall the old version, so the GSX installer will be able to proceed, and install the newest SODE, which is included in it.

Last2Night

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 07:06:28 am »
Thank you. I didnt even try to install using the old installer because of this:
GSX has been compatible with P3D V4 since several months so, yes, we'll released it on May 30th, together with all the other updates.

I was waiting for May 30th release.

Installed successfully.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 07:12:00 am »
I didnt even try to install using the old installer because of this

Well, it wouldn't work even if you tried, since the old installer surely doesn't recognize P3D V4 and, even if it did, it wouldn't work, because it was only compatible with 32 bit.

I was waiting for May 30th release.

That's exactly what we did: it was released a bit late in the night, so (depending on timezones), we went a bit into May 31th but there's a new GSX installer, and it contains the new SODE installer too, and right now GSX is the only way to install the newest SODE, because Jeffrey was kind enough to send us the installer even before he had a chance to update his site, because the newest version has several features which are crucial to GSX, so we couldn't release it without it.