Author Topic: Unable to install SODE with new installers for P3D v4 help  (Read 17214 times)

carl42

Re: Unable to install SODE with new installers for P3D v4 help
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
Thank you for such a quick response.  After uninstall SDOEs, GSX installed but no courtl was shown in menu. also my FSDT sceneries are in a "trail mode" plus buildings etc are missing even in the trial mode.  Using my code for verification no longer works.  Does this mean I may have to uninstall all FSDT sceneries and reinstall again? One final note, during install of KCTL saw message that stated "error 2 running C:/program files (x86) addon manager\tidy.exe which mean system cannot find file specified." Sorry for the mess I appear to have.  
Appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:49:34 pm by carl42 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »

carl42

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 02:58:34 am »
Umberto, the problem Ywg256 had was very simiilar to mine.  When I manually did the couatl.exe it brought all of my FSDT scenery back.  It even asked if I wanted to activate each one.  Worked with no problem with FSX-SE. 
Thank you,

carl

carl42

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »
 Well Looks like I got to excited thinking the problem was fixed; however, the problem came back this morning when I started it up.    No courtl showing up and KCLT has scenery file error in local scenery area 344.  Will do some more checking on why it worked and now it doesn't.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »
and KCLT has scenery file error in local scenery area 344.  Will do some more checking on why it worked and now it doesn't.

That seems to indicate your scenery.cfg has changed, or you moved files manually after you installed, which will surely create such errors.

It's not very clear what you did with "When I manually did the couatl.exe it brought all of my FSDT scenery back. ". Did what ? You are not supposed to manually do anything to it. The problem listed in that thread, was related only to P3D, and it was only related to a corrupted EXE.XML file.

carl42

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:02 pm »

I kept noticing that couatl was never showing up on my screen although there is a folder Couatl.  I went to the couatl folder under ADDON manager and double clicked the couatl.application manually and then all the FSDT sceneries worked. Couatl also showed up in my menu for the first time. However for some reason I am back to square one since trying to execute couatl within the folder no longer works. I did move KCLT in the scenery library below all the Orbx stuff. For now I have uninstalled KCLT, re-installed addon manager with all the updates to see if that would help but no couatl.  Couatl shows no sign of installing and sceneries are back with no buildings just gates etc under trial basis.  Will continue to try and figure this out somehow.
Thank you for your support...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:43:27 pm by carl42 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 09:22:36 am »
As already explained in this same thread, and in so many threads in the forum, if Couatl starts manually, but not automatically, the most likely cause is your EXE.XML file being corrupted by a bugged installer of another product, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15838.msg113707.html#msg113707