Author Topic: Licensing questions  (Read 2538 times)

PDXMike

Licensing questions
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:16:33 am »
I'm building a new PC for simulations, and I am also trying out P3D on the new computer.

Currently all of FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam addons are on my "old" PC, What is the easiest way to move them to the "new" PC?

Can I install them on both P3D and FSX:SE?

Thanks,

Mike

bradl

Re: Licensing questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:07:58 am »
I'm building a new PC for simulations, and I am also trying out P3D on the new computer.

Currently all of FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam addons are on my "old" PC, What is the easiest way to move them to the "new" PC?

Can I install them on both P3D and FSX:SE?

Thanks,

Mike

Easiest way to move them would be a clean install. What I tend to do is keep the zip file/archive/executable in a particular folder, and copy the folder from one machine to the other. Then install the addon. For FSDT and FlightBeam, you should use the addon manager to export the key for the scenery in question, and/or have the serial number for the scenery, which should have come with the mail you received when you purchased them. Easiest though is to export that key prior to uninstall.

When you are ready on the new machine, install them, and use that key that was exported. Additionally, you can install them for both FSX and P3D, using the same serial number. I believe Umberto said that they can be installed on multiple platforms (I can't remember the exact number of times) before requiring a separate license. He'll be able to answer that part.

But your answer is yes.

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Licensing questions
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:43:01 am »
Your Serial Key has been saved in your Home folder ( the folder with your user name, usually under C:\Users\YOURNAME ) when you originally activated the products. And of course, is also in your email.

The Serial number is the only thing you need to reactivate a product, since the download itself is always freely available here so, you can either insert it manually with the Addon Manager "Register Serial" function, or double-click on your saved .REG key, to insert it in the registry, which will save you from typing it manually.

Yes, of course you can install on multiple systems (as long as they are all yours), and there are 6 activations available, and if the last activation has been made more than 90 days earlier, additional ones after the 6th will be granted automatically.

Since you are building a new PC, and are interested in P3D, I strongly suggest to wait later today when we'll release all updated installers for all our products, supporting P3D V4, which should be released today too.