General Category > General Discussion

Prepar3D 4 announced: FSDT is ready!

<< < (11/12) > >>

LuisKMIA:
OK.  Will let you know if it works.

LuisKMIA:

--- Quote from: LuisKMIA on July 30, 2017, 05:56:34 pm ---OK.  Will let you know if it works.

--- End quote ---
No luck after a full restart.  Still gets stuck in the same exact instance.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: LuisKMIA on July 30, 2017, 06:12:09 pm ---No luck after a full restart.  Still gets stuck in the same exact instance.
--- End quote ---

This error can only be caused by one of these two reasons:

- You started the installer too quickly after closing a previous FSX session, without giving a chance for all the files and processes started by it to close down properly.

OR

- An external program, like an antivirus, is denying you access to the install folder. Many users are now aware they run multiple security-related software, so they must be all disabled and configured to exclude the sim folder from scanning.

First, try to reinstall after restarting Windows.

If that doesn't fix it,  even if you are SURE the antivirus it's not running now and you are SURE FSX is not running, it might still have caused a mess in your file permissions, denying you from accessing a folder, while the antivirus was still active.

Yes, it seems strange, but I witnessed this first-hand on an user system during a remote assistance session. There are some free utilities you can try to unlock that folder:

http://www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php
http://www.freefileunlocker.com/

And tell to the utility to unlock the Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\KFLL folder, then REMOVE IT manually, and then REINSTALL the scenery.

cirurgiao:
Just a question:
I have GSX for FSX and just now bought Prepar3D4 which is a 64bit applications, so much better.
Will there be any problem installing the last version of addon manager / gsx_fsx_setup to work with Prepar3D4 while keeping GSX's version for FSX installed or shall I uninstall all?
Tks and sorry if this answer was somewhere else;

virtuali:

--- Quote from: cirurgiao on March 26, 2018, 04:45:30 pm ---Will there be any problem installing the last version of addon manager / gsx_fsx_setup to work with Prepar3D4 while keeping GSX's version for FSX installed or shall I uninstall all?
--- End quote ---

I suggest doing this:

- Uninstall everything from FSDT

- Download the updated installers for every FSDT product

- Install them all. This will result in a shared folder under C:\Program Files\Addon Manager (or any other folder you might want to choose), which will hold all our products, in all installed simulators, without wasting any space due to duplicate files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version