General Category > General Discussion

Prepar3D 4 announced: FSDT is ready!

<< < (10/12) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Terblanche on June 20, 2017, 02:49:24 am ---1. The scenery was not added to the scenery.cfg file and I had to do it manually via the latest SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9
--- End quote ---

The scenery should NOT be added to the scenery.cfg !!! Please read the forum, this has been discussed so many times, and it's NOT a problem, is the proper and officially suggested way to install a scenery into P3D.

Now you probably have double areas.

--- Quote ---2. To my horror the FPS dropped to 3-5 FPS at night and back to 45-50 during daytime of which I expect it has to do with the Dynamic Light system in P3D4
--- End quote ---

The scenery doesn't have anything to do with this, but the screen resolution and antialiasing modes are. See this post, with a test of how much dynamic lights affects fps on different FSDT sceneries, made in different times using different methods:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16007.msg114745.html#msg114745

--- Quote ---Except if I'm doing something terribly wrong somewhere 
--- End quote ---

You surely must Undo your mistake of adding the scenery to the scenery.cfg.

Terblanche:

Thank you Umberto ...
I've read a lot of post on the new add-on.xml system in P3D4 and it will take time to fully understand and to make use of it simply because some scenery still install to scenery.cfg file and yours to the new ***documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. BUT I've deleted the FSDT scenery from scenery.cfg and it works fine and even the FPS drop seemed fixed.

There is a 50% sale advertised on your HOME page and I'm trying to buy KCLT and KDFW but don't know where to insert the KCLT64BIT code because in coupons it says, 'invalid' ... or did the SALE expire? Or maybe I got this also wrong  :'(

Really difficult sometimes when English is your fourth language  :o

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Terblanche on June 20, 2017, 03:30:02 pm ---BUT I've deleted the FSDT scenery from scenery.cfg and it works fine and even the FPS drop seemed fixed.
--- End quote ---

Of course it is. It would have been enough to not touch anything, and just trust the installer...

--- Quote ---or did the SALE expire? Or maybe I got this also wrong
--- End quote ---

It ended June 11th:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15613.0.html

LuisKMIA:
I have successfully installed all my FSDT products to P3Dv4, except for FLL. I get this error (see picture).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Luis

virtuali:

--- Quote from: LuisKMIA on July 22, 2017, 12:42:52 am ---I have successfully installed all my FSDT products to P3Dv4, except for FLL. I get this error (see picture).
--- End quote ---

It seems you are running the installer when the sim was still running, or you launched it too quickly after the sim closed, not allowing enough time to release all opened files.

Try after a Windows restart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version